PVR client keeps trying to load...cant disable?
Recently upgraded to Kodi 17.
Everytime I try to use it I get banners saying the PVR client couldn't be loaded...this happens right across whatever movie I am watching. So when I click ok to dismiss that warning then I get an error PVR Filmon client add-on couldn't be loaded. Sometimes I can click to dismiss that one but most of the times it freezes and requires a re-boot.

Sad thing is I don't use or want any PVR client with Kodi. I have tried going in to add ons to delete any pvr related add on but there is no way to delete them and disable doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, PVR manager is starting up...loading channels from clients is constantly in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of that?

Any ideas which way to go?
Thanks
Turn off pvr in kodi settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That sounds great...but where?
I think I've looked everywhere?

Thanks
Addons section - pvr addons
If I go to add-ons and then pvr add ons then down to Filmon Client...there is no option to uninstall. Its greyed out.
If I choose disable it freezes the system, I do a reboot and its enabled again.
It also does this for PCTV Systems client also.
I swear its like a virus with no way to get rid of it. Ive been trying for weeks.
Nuclear option: go to your kodi data directory, open addons folder, delete pvr.filmon. It can't run if it's not there.
Check there's nothing in program files/kodi/addons while you're at it.
Then system > Live TV > make sure enable is not checked.
(2016-07-24, 01:39)trogggy Wrote: Nuclear option: go to your kodi data directory, open addons folder, delete pvr.filmon. It can't run if it's not there.

Thanks...great idea to remove it from the add-on folder.

But you (and nick) have lost me on the part about turning it off (disable) in settings. I have looked everywhere and cant find any enable setting or even anything that says 'Live TV' ....I've found Settings-TV Settings....but don't see Off or enable there?
Click on system, then add-ons, enabled add-ons then pvr

Customized THL 5000
(2016-07-24, 02:11)dtviewer Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 01:39)trogggy Wrote: Nuclear option: go to your kodi data directory, open addons folder, delete pvr.filmon. It can't run if it's not there.

But you (and nick) have lost me on the part about turning it off (disable) in settings. I have looked everywhere and cant find any enable setting or even anything that says 'Live TV' ....I've found Settings-TV Settings....but don't see Off or enable there?
Just realized you're using krypton - IIRC the 'enable' option is gone in live tv, it's automatic if a pvr addon is enabled. So forget that bit.
(2016-07-24, 02:22)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 02:11)dtviewer Wrote:

Just realized you're using krypton - IIRC the 'enable' option is gone in live tv, it's automatic if a pvr addon is enabled. So forget that bit.

Yayyy!!!! Thanks...thought I was going crazy or was just an idiot.

I'll pull it out of the add ons folder and that should solve it!

Thanks again!!!

Deleted everything PVR related....worked great!!!

Thanks
Glad it worked, thanks for confirming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR client keeps trying to load...cant disable?0