ESPN3 SMIL URL BLANK error
Hi I am new to Kodi.
I am running an Android MINIX X8 Plus and Kodi Jarvis.
I have downloaded the ESPN3 addon.
Because I am in Canada I received the error that I was unable to access content because I was outside the USA.
I solved that problem by using a VPN.
Now the error I receive is SMIL URL BLANK unable to play video.
From searching the web it appears to be a problem that occurred a few years ago and programmers have tried to deal with it.
My questions are
1. What does the error mean?
2. Is there something that I need to do on my end or is it something with the addon?
3. Is their a solution to my problem? If so what is it?
4. Is it easy to address the problem? Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of computer skills. So I hope it is not too technical.
The current support thread is here.

Make sure you have the latest version, and a cable or satellite subscription that is supported.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
The help I got from MetalChris was helpful and gave me hope.
The set-up worked to a point.
Unfortunately it requires that I have a US cable or satellite subscription. Given that I am in Canada this is not an option. So unfortunately I have to go back to my original questions.

Here is my original text.

Hi I am new to Kodi.
Because I am in Canada I received the error that I was unable to access content because I was outside the USA.
From searching the web it appears to be a problem that occurred a few years ago and programmers have tried to deal with it.
My questions are
2. Is there something that I need to do on my end or is it something with the addon?
4. Is it easy to address the problem? Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of computer skills. So I hope it is not too technical.
(2016-07-29, 23:36)JackRAbbit403 Wrote: The help I got from MetalChris was helpful and gave me hope.
The set-up worked to a point.
Unfortunately it requires that I have a US cable or satellite subscription. Given that I am in Canada this is not an option. So unfortunately I have to go back to my original questions.

Here is my original text.

Hi I am new to Kodi.
My questions are

You are receiving a blank smil file because you do not have a US cable or satellite subscription. The add-on will not authenticate without one.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN3 SMIL URL BLANK error0