Pi3 Harmony Remote Question
I have no idea where this post should go but her is my question.

I have a Harmony Remote 650. I cannot seem to find the correct button commands. I'm sure that I have all my settings mashed together and it is preventing me from correcting the issue.

My specs:
Raspberry Pi3
OSMC
Kodi - Jarvis
Harmony Remote 650 - Devices: Rosewill RRC-126 and MCE Keyboard
OSMC Remote Selection - flirc-full

All the Rosewill commands pretty much work out of the box. However, the Live TV Guide button does not work along with the sub-menu (deleting recordings and other LIVE TV settings). I tried setting the buttons using Windows Keyboard strokes based upon the keyboard mapping in the kodi wiki but I have not found anything to assist me. THey work with the one PC that I have kodi on but the Pis do not work.

Has anyone had success or even have this problem? Should I enter a new remote device into my Harmony instead of Rosewill? Should I change my OSMC remote setting?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
I bought a harmony remote some years ago for use with my TV, DVD and BD devices. When the remote was programed via web browser, which was a PITA at the time, it was great and worked well. However, every time i connected the remote to my PC for some tweeks, even trivial tweeks like changing backlight duration, the remote would have the IR codes refreshed via the harmony central database. Unfortunately the harmony database was continually getting polluted by wrong codes via clumsy users. Fixing my remote required emails to get things sorted. End result was thet i stopped using the device because of such issues.

The harmony remote had potential but i didn't like the central server approach. I wanted a local code database that i could complie from learning codes from my other remotes and i could then upload my codes if i chose. But i was forced to always upload each code as it was determined and/or used the central database which always semed to change in subtle ways.

So if things worked and then didn't after connecting the remote to the harmony software/web page, don't discount some IR code change caused by someone else somewhere in this www teaching their harmony remote a wrong code that then propagates to you.

As to which is the best device to define (from the harmony device lists) for use with kodi, i'm not sure since i don't use harmony remotes any more. I have read that defining a Windows Media Center remote should work out of the box and generally wont need custom settings but others should be able to clarify...

Maybe i should revisit using my old harmony since things may have improved over the last few years... but i'd need to add IR capabilities to my RPi first...
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Have you tried the following device for Harmony instead of the MCE Keyboard:
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Kodi
(2016-07-28, 14:25)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Have you tried the following device for Harmony instead of the MCE Keyboard:
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Kodi

Yes, that did not work at all. I dug a little deeper and found that the regardless of what device it would not work. I had to change the mappings file. I was purely going off of the labels matching words on the remote to words on the screen and not realizing that behind the scenes some of the words I thought had an association actually did not when using my remote device as Rosewill RRC-126

For example: I kept trying to change "GUIDE" in the Harmony remote to all types of devices thinking once I figured out the correct signal it would pull up the EPG. The Harmony GUIDE button set as the Rosewill sends a signal that is listed in the XML file as <title>. I changed the global action for <title> and the full screen video action for <title> in the xml to the guide command ActivateWindow(TVGuide) and now the guide button works everywhere.

I custom mapped all the items that did not work properly, uploaded the xml via FTP to all my Pi OSMC devices and BAM!

I know I am probably not making miracles here but I was not able to find the answers through my search keywords so hopefully this helps somebody like me.

Here is the template file that I started with
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...remote.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi3 Harmony Remote Question0