[Android] Ability (through settings) to change Kodi's default storage
I do love Kodi/XBMC for playing my movies and TV shows, but I ran into a problem the other day: running out of main drive space. Basically, my Wetek Core has 8gb on-board, and I installed a 32gb micro-sd card, but because I don't want to limit Wetek's abilities by adding root (a lot of DRM apps hate this), I cannot access and move all the items Kodi uses to the SD card. Either add a setting to allow people to select where the add-ons/data is stored, or perhaps allow users to install/move Kodi (and the apps/data) to the SD card without needing root (Android allows the install, but not for Kodi).
xbmc_env.properties file.
Does this work? http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data...or_Android
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So good it's worth posting twice. Big Grin
Perhaps, but still would be easier to put an option in advanced settings so you don't have to do all this. Smile
I believe the usual phrase is 'code accepted.'
Yeah good luck on getting more settings into kodi. Particularly for only one platform.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Actually would work in all the versions. It'd be nice to isolate where Kodi puts its stuff. Might make for a good way to keep the same settings/apps/etc between OSes.
You can do that already. Not everything translates from one os to another though - I have basically the same addons and data on windows, openelec, libreelec and android - but some add-ons are specific to an os, some guisettings are different, some sources change, artwork resolution is not necessarily the same. So it's not as simple as just copying 'stuff' from one to another.
It's not hard to find where kodi puts it's 'stuff' anyway - and you can control that in all the os's I use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android] Ability (through settings) to change Kodi's default storage0