adding media to kodi on pc from nvidia shield usb hard drive
Hi I hope someone can help me with setting up kodi on my pc and accessing a usb hard drive that is attached to my nvidia shield . When I try and add media I can not see the shield usb hardrive. I have searched the forums but have not found the answer. I have spent hours trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance
Your shield will need to share the files via smb or nfs etc

Or you could perhaps share via upnp.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The pre-installed Plex server also has an SMB server built in. There are some strange Android limits, but one way or another it should work for video playback.

EDIT: never mind, I read it backwards
(2016-07-24, 05:12)clayuk Wrote: accessing a usb hard drive that is attached to my nvidia shield

When did you update the firmware on your Shield last? The most recent firmware update lets you mount attached drives as a NAS.
Just want to say I found the problem and now everything is working.
On nividia shield under the option of storage I did not have the option of sharing files, I had to reinstall plex media server from my browser to the shield. Then after restarting the shield I had the option of sharing files.
Thanks for your input
I am having a similar issue with Shield. It doesn't see Router USB

ASUS AC RT 66r router with usb attached, and set up Samba on Router.
Firmware on Shield and Router is up to date.
Nvidia does not see the share. Both on same Network.
Should I reformat the USB?
Suggestion appreciated. Been trying for days...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding media to kodi on pc from nvidia shield usb hard drive0