XBMC.PlayerControl question
Ok, I looked in the wiki, and searched the forums, how can you execute something like "Info" or "AspectRatio" from a skin button, like XBMC.PlayerControl(AspectRatio) ?
don't think you can but best to wait for jmarshall to answer
Nope, you can't. I suspect, however, that the actions as defined in keymap.xml may well work in an <onclick> tag, so try

<onclick>AspectRatio</onclick>
<onclick>Info</onclick>

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nope Sad

Anyway that they could in the future? "Screen Mode" icon, not quite as much fun when it performs no function.
Super Hacky way would be to issue a SendKey built-in command to push the "Y" button.

Actually that might not work if the OSD has focus... hmm.
<onclick>AspectRatio</onclick> works just fine.

Trouble is that you have to do it from the VideoFullScreen window (just like you have to with a keymap.xml), but I suspect you are doing it from VideoOSD.

The real fix in this regard is making these actions performable from the window of your choice. One solution is just passing unhandled actions down to the fullscreen window from the videoosd (simple, and no unintended consequences to my knowledge), but that's not really generic. Anything more than that requires quite a bit of stuff done (the handling code for the action will need moving most probably.)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC.PlayerControl question0