Win Jarvis 16.1 no video playback
I'm new to Kodi, but have recently installed and used it with an Amazon Fire TV Stick with no problems, on the same Home Wi-Fi network as that which I'm trying to connect and view from a Windows 10 Desktop PC.
I've read on the forum about the need for DirectX 11 to run Jarvis. I've just used Kodi to check my system, and mine is shown as DirectX 11.1.
I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit and the machine is running like a dream.
I downloaded the Windows Kodi installer and everything seemed fine through the installation. I setup and installed a few add-ons, just as I had on my Amazon Fire TV Stick, again all seemed fine.
I then proceeded to search for some video to test that playback was working and here I hit the problem. The search went as normal, found a stream but when playback started all I got was a very blurry screen which changed colours somewhat randomly (quite possibly going dark and light with the brightness of the actual video footage). The counter showed it was running and the audio was fine. I fast forwarded for about 10 minutes in but it was still just a very blurred indistinguishable view.
I attempted several different streams from different add-ons but the result was the same every time. I closed Kodi from the bottom left hand power button/exit and even re-booted the PC, but no change.
I tried connecting by ethernet as well as wi-fi, no difference. I use Virgin Media ISP, but as I can connect via three different Amazon Fire TV sticks over wi-fi I can't see there could be a problem there.
I then uninstalled and re-installed Kodi, this time choosing the 'normal' installation as opposed to the 'full'. I gave permission to Windows Firewall during the installation, which I can't remember having been asked on the first installation (two days ago). All made no difference.
Please help!
Which add-ons are you talking about?

Please bear in mind our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki) that you of course read when you agreed to them when you signed up for your account here...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Darren,
There were a few, but not having read everything in the terms until you pointed me to them, I realise they were each on the list.
Can you suggest a popular approved add-on that I can try.
I'm new to this and have relied on search engines to get information!
Hi Darren,
I’ve just installed Kodi onto a second PC recently clean installation of Windows 10 64 bit, only got add-on ‘Engineering TV’ and get exactly the same results.
The only difference was there were no Windows Firewall questions during installation.
Keith
We'd need a debug log (wiki) from the clean machine (as we don't support anything with the banned junk on it). But the usual suspect is graphics drivers and hardware.

More generally you may want to read this and this and consider cleaning up your act, unless you're happy with the risks involved to your network, data and systems (not to mention your conscience).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.1 no video playback0