Intel NUC Video issues & High CPU
I have an Intel NUC running Xubuntu 16.04 and am struggling to get video playback working properly. Most of my local media files play OK, but when streaming Live TV from my MythTV server (and also directly from the HDHomeRun) I am experiencing what seems to be a lag in the video.. Playback starts OK but the video gets farther and farther behind the audio. I also noticed high CPU usage, so I suspect something is wrong with the VAAPI config.

Here's a paste of my debug log: http://pastebin.com/37UWhevC

Shortly after playback begins, I see a ton of these messages:
Code:
18:16:25 T:139811328304896   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 1
18:16:25 T:139811328304896   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 0

Any suggestions? Undecided
Play the video, press return, in Video options select deinterlace: Auto and deinterlace-method: vaapi-bob
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That worked for me - video playback is smoother than it's ever been. Thanks! Is there a way to make the setting stick rather than changing it each time?

Also, I still have some screen tearing, especially in fast-motion scenes. Is there anything I can change to help with that?
Disregard my first question - I found the option to "Set as default for all media".
Btw. your system is good enough for VAAPI-MCDI, which uses motion compensation. Just never set Deinterlace to ON, keep it on AUTO always.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC Video issues & High CPU0