Error when installing in cydia
(2016-07-27, 18:31)contagius Wrote: Does this work for iPad too? And on a Mac?

(2016-07-27, 12:19)Paleolithic Wrote: In response to gdd2010, I offer the following webpages to consult with to get the chinese version of 9.3.3 jailbreak successfully installed AND the latest version of Kodi (Krypton) on your iPad or iPhone.

1. http://www.iclarified.com/56120/how-to-j...33-windows
2. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/ios/
3. http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_iOS
Focus on topic "Development and custom builds" describing the iFile program found in Cydia and the use of Safari to download from #2 webpage. Use your JB'd
ipad to download the .deb file from #2 as it will put the ios Kodi build in the Download file folder for iFile to find it and allow iFile to install on your iPad or iPhone unit.

Hope this is a little clearer description...Perhaps the major help here was the iclarified.com webpage --- VERY instructional and precise.

I get the message "failed in buffer_write (fd) (12, ret = -1)"
already installed stash
what do I do?
one last try - stop asking before answering my question for god sake. If a jailbreak is too much for you guys and you are only able to follow youtube videos and guides then this stuff is over your head!

Install ssh, login via ssh and post the output of df -h to me.

If the same questions will be posted over and over again i will close this thread because - i can't help or give any instructions if i don't know what the partition scheme of this jailbreak is.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can also install iOS Terminal from Cydia and run the command from there.

I think most of my "must have" jailbreak tweaks have been updated, so I might try updating and jailbreaking in the next day or so. At least on the iPad. I might wait longer before subjecting my iPhone to the new jailbreak ;)
Anyone with problem install due to not enough space error when installing. Using iCleaner from cydia and clean up some of the unuse languages to free up space in the system partition. After that you will able to successfully install kodi. I am on iphone 5s 16gb ios 9.3.3. Hope this help anyone with the installation error.

PS. Do not use stashing tweak or kodi won't show up after fisnish install.
Hi Folks,

1. jailbreak
2. install Appsync on Cydia
3. find Kodi 16.1 on iphonecake as IPA file
4. install Kodi with iTunes
5. enjoy Kodi on IPad

Worked with me

Cheers
S.
link removed - DarrenHill
i would never download that one. We don't support 3rd prty distribution. I suggest to use only our official downloads. Noone can tell if those "cracked" downloads are crippled.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@ Memphiz

True - But I couldn't get the official deb file working on the iPad. As the error of this thread occurred. This was the only way to get it done for non pros.
ICleaner worked for me. Was getting code 256 error, tried stashing with no luck. Ran Icleaner and cleaned up unused languages then installed Kodi using Ifile. Works perfectly.
(2016-07-30, 13:44)seth99 Wrote: @ Memphiz

True - But I couldn't get the official deb file working on the iPad. As the error of this thread occurred. This was the only way to get it done for non pros.

I installed the "official" Kodi "nightly" version Krypton 17.0 using iFile without problems on iPad Air 2.

Blush
Here is my official tutorial for installing our Kodi deb files on the 9.3.3 jailbroken devices which have the problem with "out of space" aka "failed in buffer_write".

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284802

I close this thread for now so everyone reads the howto.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when installing in cydia0