Is useffmpegvda still a thing in Krypton?
Is hw video decoding still not enabled by default in OS X? In Jarvis? In Krypton?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
still? it never was disabled by default... or what are you talking about?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Because the wiki says useffmpegvda is for testing, and now I see another HW related setting in the UI as VTBDECODER. So I'm confused.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
useffmpegvda is deprecated/unsupported in kodi 17 ... we use ffmpeg vtb (videotoolbox) now by default and all other vda related implementations are gone.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
OK clear now. Thanks.

I have one example of a file that is out of sync when vtb hw acceleration is enabled and plays fine without hw acceleration (apart from CPU going through the roof).
Can you have a look at it?

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/ENUK4YV2
Sample file: https://mega.nz/#!WtRmGAoZ!ECsK7jpNiLmUO...LAiQwJFGNM
vtb is known to be very picky about the used hardware atm. We rely on ffmpeg now (thats what we wanted to achieve anyway) and iirc they planned to refactor the vtb into a real codec or something like that which should improve this. No idea if and when they will do so.

I fear there might be big issues for many osx users when we release kodi 17 but thats the bill to pay for removing old unmaintainable stuff at some point.

ping @FernetMenta anyway in case its something with VideoPlayer in this case.
sample file is not accessible
yep it requests a crypto key do download ...
Sorry. Link updated.
(2016-07-30, 11:54)Memphiz Wrote: I fear there might be big issues for many osx users when we release kodi 17 but thats the bill to pay for removing old unmaintainable stuff at some point.

@Memphiz, that doesnt sound to encouraging. At what point do your need more test users ? I am using Kodi on a Mac mini 2011 with Intel hd3000.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
provided sample plays without any issues here on my MacBook. I noticed OP has this gfx card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

9400M may not be powerful enough when used with vtb. On Linux with VDPAU it is but not sure how it behaves with VTB.

EDIT: make sure you don't have anything other than bilinear as scaling option.
(2016-07-31, 17:19)FernetMenta Wrote: provided sample plays without any issues here on my MacBook. I noticed OP has this gfx card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

9400M may not be powerful enough when used with vtb. On Linux with VDPAU it is but not sure how it behaves with VTB.

I can't find the scaling options. Advancedsettings?
Video playback settings iirc (during playback...)
I confirm that my playback settings are set to bilinear scaling.
(2016-07-31, 17:19)FernetMenta Wrote: provided sample plays without any issues here on my MacBook. I noticed OP has this gfx card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Seems I will not be able to use Kodi on my MBP 2009 anymore. Pitty, since in previous versions I have never had issues playing any file (including remuxed BD).
I can live with it since I'm looking forward buying a brand new MBP when it comes out, but for other users this is quite a big regression...
Right now I'm using VLC for playback which doesn't play the files without any hickups either, but at least it plays in sync and then shows a few scrambled frames.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is useffmpegvda still a thing in Krypton?0