Is useffmpegvda still a thing in Krypton?
(2016-08-23, 08:23)manhas Wrote: Hardware:
Mac Mini - Mid 2010 - 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB - 8GB RAM

Well, that's almost exactly the same as mine. (Mine's the Mac Mini Server model from later that year.) Close enough as makes no odds, same GPU, slightly faster CPU I think (it self-reports as 2.6GHz), now has an SSD for system drive.

It's updating to 10.11.6 as I speak. Last time I used it I was still using Dropbox and 1Password... I'll try it with default drivers first (in case the issue is with nvidia's web drivers, which I *have* to use on the hackintosh).

BTW you're saying "with VDA, without VDA" etc, but isn't the issue the VTB support has supplanted VDA which used to work, and is now simply no longer present in Krypton?
(2016-08-23, 12:55)Rachel Wrote: BTW you're saying "with VDA, without VDA" etc, but isn't the issue the VTB support has supplanted VDA which used to work, and is now simply no longer present in Krypton?

True, I mixed them up. It's of course VTB. I'll edit my post.
What I see initially is that on the same blu-ray rip as tested on the other machines:

Reminder: MacMini3,1, GT320M, el capitan 10.11.6, standard gfx drivers:

Video decoder: ff-h264-vtb (HW) (So unlike with the hackintosh it is *detecting* that it should use it and is trying to.

But it doesn't work. It's very very slow. Like, it does a few frames at a time, then pauses for a few seconds before doing any more. Whether switch display rate and sync playback to display are selected make no difference. Windowed mode is the same.

BTW, CodecInfo shows too much less information than it used to. For instance, can't see what actual frame rate it's achieving, what the refresh rate actually is, how many frames are being skipped etc. Is there any new way to get this information?

... I am having other issues with this system. For instance, it has a Dell U2711 1440p monitor. I switch to 1080p for the test (either in or out of kodi) as I'm not testing scaling, but having done so it's forgetting there ever was any higher resolution. The method used once to reset that didn't work a second time, so... Other Issues Abound Here. Will try with nvidia web drivers I guess.

Edit: No difference with nvidia web drivers. HW is still detected, but it doesn't work any better at all. In other news it was the *monitor* that needed the reset for some reason.
In other news, having cleared the config completely and started from fresh, on the hackintosh it still doesn't detect HW, so it's still playing SW only, but it's working just fine as this machine is fast enough for it to do so. So I guess there was some misconfiguration left over from an earlier version that was breaking it yesterday.

If I turn on sync playback to display (as it's a 23.976fps movie but a 24Hz mode), however, it plays as badly as it did yesterday. (I did try turning that off yesterday - I think - to no avail though.)
(2016-08-22, 21:04)tripkip Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 20:58)Memphiz Wrote: 10.10 might be an idea @tripkip but as far as i read only fullscreen has performance issues on el capitan and it might be solved in sierra beta 6 ... Does windowed mode work for you with my first test build for example?

Just did a test, yes windowed mode with your first test build has smooth playback!

how is windowed mode with current master? how is playing some 24fps content on a 60hz display (fullscreen)?
I didn't quite follow the comments about 10.10, is there a chance that Yosemite 10.10 doesn't have the playback issues with VTB?

If no one else have a hardware with this issue that's on 10.10, I could try to downgrade my Mac mini from 10.11 during the weekend. But I won't bother if you don't think it would make difference.
(2016-08-25, 17:52)FernetMenta Wrote: how is windowed mode with current master? how is playing some 24fps content on a 60hz display (fullscreen)?

VTB Playback with current master is fine in windowed mode or even in mission control Undecided (swipe four fingers up while playing in full screen).
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
(2016-08-29, 09:33)tripkip Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 17:52)FernetMenta Wrote: how is windowed mode with current master? how is playing some 24fps content on a 60hz display (fullscreen)?

VTB Playback with current master is fine in windowed mode or even in mission control Undecided (swipe four fingers up while playing in full screen).

if this is the case I know the reason. can you comment those two lines and test again:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/c24a52...t.cpp#L982
(2016-08-29, 17:55)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-08-29, 09:33)tripkip Wrote:

if this is the case I know the reason. can you comment those two lines and test again:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/c24a52...t.cpp#L982

Would it be possible to provide a test build?

Fritsch got Jenkins to build it. I'll test it later and report back.
@FernetMenta Tested with those two lines commented out, but it had no apparent effect.
Build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
(2016-08-30, 22:11)tripkip Wrote: @FernetMenta Tested with those two lines commented out, but it had no apparent effect.

Please post a debug log. Play a video in fullscreen mode so it shows the issue. Then switch to windowed mode.
(2016-08-31, 09:34)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-08-30, 22:11)tripkip Wrote: @FernetMenta Tested with those two lines commented out, but it had no apparent effect.

Please post a debug log. Play a video in fullscreen mode so it shows the issue. Then switch to windowed mode.

I was doing what you asked me but noticed smooth playback and high CPU usage when I was playing the clip.
So I pressed 'O' and saw that it was h264-SW. I didn't remember turning VTB of since yesterday's test, but I double checked and then even turned VTB off an on again.
Now it still plays with software decoding ConfusedConfused

http://pastebin.com/5JxHkhyT

OK Aside from the nasty failure of using VTB at all as I experienced and described above, I reopend Kodi and this time VTB was used... (nothing changed at all)

http://pastebin.com/udSL3Fq6

I start playing full screen, it lags, then switch to windowed (visually the video now catches up with the audio like a fast forward), again to full screen and video starts lagging immediatly, and this a few times more.
I am going to prepare a version with more verbose logging over the weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is useffmpegvda still a thing in Krypton?0