[split] Allwinner CedarX 2.0 vpu/gpu code went public - unrelated GPL discussion
(2016-07-23, 17:10)MrMC Wrote: I need a car, how about I just take yours without asking... Same thing.

That reminds me of something recent no ? Like taking code when asked not to Wink
@Tolriq your point is irrelevant to the OP, so please, dont do this again here..
Do not worry moral debate is for next week after holidays.

It's completely related to show total dichotomy in discourse. Could not resist during intermission of the concert, when reading that comment Smile

Lusine Khachatryan is a great pianist BTW.
@Tolriq Yep, it's totally related as far as "I don't give a damn about what the GPL says, I just want it my way" goes.
Just make a club with giaur Wink
Related in the fact that in some country a car open with keys in and engine on can be taken. But in all country if there's a note inside the car saying do not take it's morally bad Wink

Same example as mrmc specially when he talks about moral debate Smile

8 years contribution and team acting like that was immoral. Refusing me my only way to protest after a dangerous decision was immoral too. Not talking about the method that was also disgusting.
Open source, free software and all GPL and freedom stuff and no respect for freedom of speech ? I see a big mismatch here sorry and I"m not alone.

When you want to play the pride princess side we are good others not. You should avoid acting without morality Wink

You can try to hide behind GPL to justify the act, we'll soon see what global opinion says about that when I'm back.

Do not mix allowed to and should do there's a lot of difference in a lot of cases Wink

Edit : And BTW if you had read the whole thing I directly said no problem for merge just not now because of ... acts. So it's really not a GPL matter here.
These posts are in no way related to the topic under discussion.

Tolriq please refrain from such a blatant thread hijacking, personally I have no problem with free speech but do so in a thread of your own creation if you have an issue with how something has been handled.
@Tolriq

You have every right to be mad about how you were treated by Martijn, but getting mad about your PR being pulled in is pointless. It makes you look like a jerk and distracts from the other issue. I've made the same mistake, and in the end my behavior turned out to be worse than what I was complaining about. It makes it really hard for people to sympathize when that happens. It's a mistake I don't want to see you make.

Does it suck that no one else seemed to stick up for you? Sure. That's probably how it felt when your code changes were still merged. However, things are more complicated than that. For example, other people on Team Kodi might not want to take sides, but felt the need for those code changes. This is a project where it's nearly impossible to take a side or even point something out without hurting someone's feelings. It sucks, but I wouldn't blame unrelated people about that.

The last thing you want to do is bring it up in every possible discussion. That will make people feel like they are on eggshells with you, having to step carefully about what they say. Most will just avoid interacting with you if they feel like it might cause drama, no matter who is right or wrong.

Honestly, there's no good way to protest or openly discuss such issues on the Kodi forum/github/etc. People will be offended even if that's not the intention, or someone will needlessly close discussions for fear of "drama". There's just nothing you can really do. I would stick to contributing to other Kodi-related projects (there's a huge big outer community out there, and I'm not talking about the "pirate scene") and avoid the core Kodi project for a while. Maybe the atmosphere will change in time. I hope it will, but who knows. Until then stick to things that make you happy, otherwise you'll end up making everyone around you unhappy.
Well now I'm back, and sorry but the issue is way bigger than the merge.

My last answer was for Koying that continue to push me on GPL when the problem is not about GPL. I did say before why my answer was related and that I'll stop answering, but I do use my right to answer when bullshit is said against me.

This issue is related as you can't say at the same time GPL is for good (people do not respect they are bad) and at the same time use GPL to prevent freedom of speech and disrespect devs.

This message was not to get someone to support the issue, the issue will be properly described for that, Martijn is acting against original Team XBMC and XBMC foundation values, he hurts the project by continuously acting before thinking, and the fact that the PR was merged and than saying that the whole team accepted that is the root of the problem.

No one takes sides or say anything against things that should not happens. In the end I'm happy that the original PR I tried to warn about was not merged, it seems at least some people did understand the risks. The merge of the code that I asked not to as opposition to risking Kodi users was a act of rebellion from Martijn that as always do not accept to be proven wrong and like to act the I'm the boss thing.

Things like : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=283953 for example.

Anyway I suppose I'll get arbitrary ban and everything, but lines have been crossed and I can't just say amen when I'm directly attacked and disrespected like I was.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Allwinner CedarX 2.0 vpu/gpu code went public - unrelated GPL discussion0