AMD drivers are causing kodi problems
Hey all

I know its not exactly unknown that AMDs drivers are a bit shit and cause probs, but i recently realised that in win10 the chipset drivers dont actually install at all when you run the installer, even though it says they are. Specifically the SATA drivers dont install, and the knock on effects in kodi are huge.
99% of problems i previously had with 16.x are gone with the AMD driver installed rather than the MS one. And I was getting a LOT of probs.

The only crash bugs i have left are down to 3pty addons. The only other issue remaining for me was with the 3 short gaps in flac playback I know other people are seeing, both locally and networked files. This is caused by buffering the next track and is fixed by setting buffermode to 1 in the advancedsettings xml.

I still have 100% crash bug using Milkdrop2, but I suspect that may be down to AMD too.

For the first time in a long time I have a pretty much fully functional, reliable kodi! Smile

I got myself banned from here for a while for slagging off the 16.x builds and by extension the devs, I apologise. Lot of testing without relying on speculation from the forums got it sorted.

So, long story short if youre running AMD kit, go to Device Manager / IDE/ATAPI controllers and check your controller is using AMD rather than MS drivers. If its using MS own, get the chipset drivers from amd.com but avoid the installer. Unpack them then manually install the driver via device manager and it should help a lot. Tested and working on a few AMD win10 boxes now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD drivers are causing kodi problems0