A word of Thank and A suggestion for discussion
Hi guys,
I am a newbie, but I have a word to say and a suggestion to drop here hoping this is the right section for such kind of discussion .
A word of thank : I am a retired person and a layman to computer science and IT but since I found out Kodi, 2 months ago by chance i realised -with my common sense -it is the best home media center I ever seen ; this is not compliment but a feeling , So thanks to those who made this program available as an open source to all people of the world, thanks to those who break the monopoly of the big firms.
Suggestion and contribution-idea- :
I found out that most of add-ons ( or may I call them repos !!) specifically relating to Arabic Channels - which I am interested watching them- are not stable and not dependable ,one might see them once but disappear in the next day , some of them has nothing but logo , as if the people who put them are mocking us !!
I have a nile satellite dish of big diameter on my house firmly constructed and receiving very strong signal irrespective of weather . Yesterday there came an idea into my mind and asked myself :is it possible to use the advantage of having such dish with so huge number of stable channels to stream them to Kodi as stable addons available to all arabs who are living away from their homelands (wherever worldwide they are ) on condition that no one (absolutely no one ) abuse this contribution to Kodi fans or try to get money out of it , but :how can this be achieved Huh I even don't know if this is applicable or just a fancy from my side Blush Huh If this is applicable how much money will it cost ??If it's only a matter of money, i can find a lot of volunteers or donors in my region to make this dream a real thing ?? can you please tell me if this idea is applicable and how much might it cost and what kind of additional equipments required beside my dish and my Satellite receiver and laptop and my 50 Mbps internet connection , I will be very grateful !!!
[/size][/size]

http://www.nilesat.com.eg/Portals/0/ChannelList.pdf
Sorry but your suggestion amounts to piracy, you cannot legally take a signal off the satellite and stream it to your neighbour, let alone the world.

Nothing to stop you using it yourself though, see PVR (wiki) and http://kodi.wiki/view/Live_TV
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nice gesture, wrong place. this is not something we support nor condone here on this official kodi site. Sounds like you have been involved in the less than legitimate kodi crowd and have the wrong impression as to what the folks at kodi.tv are about.
(2016-07-26, 01:39)nickr Wrote: Sorry but your suggestion amounts to piracy

There may be a misunderstanding by me to drop such a suggestion in the KODI official site , also there may be misunderstanding to my suggestion and good intention.
Please be aware that i was speaking about free Arabic channels on Nilesat which are available free to every single person in the world without any fees or subscription , just in my case , i receive the Arabic channels from Nilesat without any subscription also can millions of people around the world . Anyway i would regret to bring such kind of discussion here in this official site .This happens unintentionally because i am unaware to this point , Plz forgive me for this mistake.
Yes but that doesn't give you a license to stream it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-26, 08:35)nickr Wrote: Yes but that doesn't give you a license to stream it!

So, the situation will be different if i get a license from Nilesat administration center !!!! Do you mean that Huh
I just intend to do that to help those who can not watch the Arab channels wherever there are strict limitations on dish installation on houses or buildings like in some countries of europe for example . Thanks anyway .
Read the terms of service of your contract with them - you should probably find an answer there (almost certainly as the guys have already said, that you're breaking your contract if you do any kind of redistribution). If it's not there call them and talk about it, but again I'm certain they'll say it's not allowed.

Piracy for noble reasons is still piracy.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If you get a license go for it, although I have to say the whys and wherefores of setting up a major streaming site for thousands of customers is not really a Kodi problem. Just make sure you have a decent API so the addon is easy to write.

Don't forget, just because something is freely broadcast, doesn't mean it is freely distributable. In NZ we have a number of "Freeview" channels. However if I streamed them, or recorded programmes and distributed them, I would still be in trouble.
(2016-07-26, 09:22)DarrenHill Wrote: Read the terms of service of your contract with them - you should probably find an answer there (almost certainly as the guys have already said, that you're breaking your contract if you do any kind of redistribution). If it's not there call them and talk about it, but again I'm certain they'll say it's not allowed.
Piracy for noble reasons is still piracy.

there is no contract concerned in this theme ,anyone in the Arabic world can receive nilesat channels free without any contract or subscription ,this is well known to everyone regarding the nilesat and/or Arabsat .except for the Encrypted Channels which depends on payment through purchasing a subscription card with activation number one or two years according to one's wish .Be aware that the system of receiving Arabic satellite channels may be different than yours , and this could be the point that causes the misunderstanding to my thread .
Anyway i am going to call them and talk about it as you already said., because i would not like to be the KODI Robin Hood LaughLaughLaugh even if i like his movies and respect his nobility to help others .Laugh
Fair enough, and good luck to you. But you may find that things that are "free" are perhaps not as free as you may think they are.

There have been similar examples here in the UK in the past (look up TVCatchUp and their history in this area), so it's not the first time this kind of question has been raised. But you may well be right that things could be different, but as presumably some sort of funding will be involved somewhere for the channels (advertising for example) then it can complicate things much more than you may expect.

Also you may find that the real Robin of Loxley was a little different from the romanticised fiction that his legend turned into, especially anything spewing from Hollywood.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A word of Thank and A suggestion for discussion0