v16 Probably another buffering thread for you all...
Ok.. reason I'm here is to find out what I'm probably doing wrong with my Gbox.
It constantly buffers now that I upgraded to kodi 16 and a fresh build.
I purchased a blank gbox and when I upgraded to k16 factory reset it.
What is the right way to set this thing up?
Any help is appreciated.
Buffering doesn't just happen for no reason, nor does it go away with some kind of magic setting. Something is slow. Maybe it's wifi or your internet, or maybe it's a server on the other end of the internet that you have no control of. Maybe it's network congestion that involves many variables and is hard to troubleshoot.

However, I am willing to bet, given the lack of context of your post, that you are using one of the many pirate/bootleg add-ons and are getting buffering. Pirate sources aren't reliable. No, there's nothing you can do on your side to fix it (except for using legal sources for video). No, we won't help you with pirate/bootleg video add-ons. See Free content (wiki) and forum rules (wiki).
Thank you for responding..
See... I don't know the difference between a bootleg version or non. My kodi build is hyperTT. It may be but I'm not sure.
I've always had buffering issues since day one since I got this thing and I don't believe it's my Internet cause I pay for high speed 75mb download 10mb upload. I'm also not on WiFi but direct connection to router.

I apologize in advance if what I'm using is "pirated"
It is - basically any install which comes with media-sourcing add-ons (e.g. ones that provide access to TV shows/channels or movies) is not allowed under the team's terms of service/trademark policy. What you have there is such a build, for which we offer absolutely no support.

Your choices are to go wherever you got it from and tell them to support their crap, or to clean all the banned add-ons (wiki) from your system if you want support here. But these builds tend to be weed-like in their tenacity not to be removed (another reason why we love them so much), so you may have to completely wipe your install and start again. If you go that route you can download a clean official install from the download pages of this site.

If you want a bit more background, read this blog, and as to why such builds are a bad idea in that you have no idea what they may be installing, read this one as well. I'd strongly urge you to read both and think about what they are telling you (both are by Team Kodi members).

Just remember that Kodi add-ons are not sandboxed at all, so any add-on you install (or that you allow to be installed by using a build) has as much access to your machine and your entire local network as Kodi and your currently logged in user does. Remembering that these add-ons are explicitly designed to supply illegal pirated media material, how much to you feel like trusting them with whatever else may be stored on your machine or network?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you. I understand a little better now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Probably another buffering thread for you all...0