Win Kodi stops playing video exactly 1 hour after PC is turned on
Edited:

Hello.
For the last 2-3 days, Kodi stops playing videos (like the stop button is pressed) after x minutes.
I found out, that it stops playing exactly one hour after the PC is turned on.
Yesterday I turned the PC on at 19:56 and Kodi stopped playing video at 20:56, 21:56, 22:56 and same later.

I tried to look for tasks that might triggering something every hour after PC is turned on, but couldn't find anyone.
I haven't made any changes in Kodi og Win 7 since before the problem started.
Media source is local WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.

Here is the debug log for when it happened at 22:56 http://pastebin.com/HZjLdiR3 and hope that it shows what's triggering the stop command in Kodi.

Thanks
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Mods hate when you throw logs into the forum, please edit your message and throw a proper complete 'debug' log (you need to switch it on in settings) to a public pastebin such as http://xbmclogs.com/ and leave a link in this thread.
What he said.

Also your log doesn't have debugging enabled - please remove the log above and gather a new debug log (wiki) with it enabled. Upload it to XBMClogs or PasteBin and post the link they will provide here.

Also where are you sourcing your media from? Local storage or streamed (if so what add-on)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
--
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Edited the first post.
I tested again today.
Turned the PC on at about 10:48 and predicted, that video would stop at 11:48 and it did.
Used another profile instead (kids).

Here is log for this:
http://pastebin.com/36endgQE

Seems strange that the "stop trigger" starts with ffmpeg read error exactly one hour after PC start and every hour, if PC is on all the time.
"11:47:48 T:2712 ERROR: ffmpeg[A98]: [matroska,webm] Read error"
Even if I wait to start Kodi and some video to 50 minutes after PC is turned on, then it stops after 10 minutes.
Is there a way to see what Windows 7 does every hour after PC is turned on?
Can you copy a movie locally (onto the PC) and try playing that.

I would wonder if it's something on your network or with the MyCloud. I run a MyCloud Mirror at home without issue, but if something is misconfigured to make it sleep or spin-down its discs after an hour that could perhaps explain it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-27, 12:32)DarrenHill Wrote: I would wonder if it's something on your network or with the MyCloud. I run a MyCloud Mirror at home without issue, but if something is misconfigured to make it sleep or spin-down its discs after an hour that could perhaps explain it.
Is your network card set to power down to save power? It is odd that this has just started and you haven't adjusted any settings. It is also odd that it happens hourly. I had troubles with network dropouts and I had a split in my ethernet cable, but it sounds more like a sleep setting or a timer setting of some sort.

As for seeing what windows is doing every hour, there's the event viewer, that might have entries if it's a power management "thing". Also, there's the windows scheduler, you can see what's scheduled to run in there.
Just to eliminate the obvious: You don't have sleep timer addon installed?
It would have to be reconfigured though, as I believe it will show this behaviour after 150 mins by default
@DarreHill:
Thanks, I moved a movie onto PC drive and it played fine without stops. So the question is now, is it the MyCloud or the network?

Onto the MyCloud settings, the Drive Sleep option under Energy Saver was set to ON, I change to OFF and will try to see a video from the MyCloud and see if that fixes the problem.
Strange if it is the problem, since it worked for long time. Maybe a restart of the MyCloud is enough?

@Atreyu: Nope, no Sleep Timer addon installed :-)
@Bilgepump: The "allow computer to turn off the network device" option is not activated. I also checked the event viewer and windows scheduler and nothing that runs every hour.
Could also be the last firmware update on the MyCloud changed something too?

You can also plug the MyCloud directly into your PC using an Ethernet cable and directly access it that way. That will remove your router etc from the equation if it still fails.

The other option is to try and steam a movie from a share on another PC or device on your network. That could eliminate an issue with network settings on your PC.

But I think your energy saving change is a likely candidate. I have all that stuff disabled on my MyCloud Mirror.

Kodi Blog Posts
No luck with Drive sleep option OFF. Video stopped exactly after one "hour" again at 00:10 after reboot 23:10. So next "stop" time will be 01:10.
I need the router for internet access on the PC and also to get MyCloud available from other PC. Not only videos I have on it. So direct connection to MyCloud is not an option.

Will try to share video from other PC to Kodi and see if it happens, to see if it's the MyCloud or the Network.

Latest Firmware on MyCloud is updated some months ago and no new one is available.
Well, I shared a folder from other PC and was able to play the video without stops.
This means that it's not network related.

Either it's the MyCloud, but this doesn't give any sense, since it's always happens after one hour after PC is turned on. So the trigger must be the PC.
Tomorrow, I will try to install Kodi on other PC and set it up same as on my HT-PC and play videos from MyCloud. To see if I can rule out the MyCloud as the problem.
I was meaning a temporary direct connection between the problem PC and the MyCloud, for testing purposes. Trying to partition down where your issue is in your system.

I was going to suggest what you say about putting Kodi on a second PC on your network, so you're on the money for that one.

One other question, how are you sharing the media from the MyCloud (which service, SMB/CIFS, FTP, WebDev, NFS)? I have all those options available on my MyCloud Mirror, not sure what's there on the MyCloud though. Personally I use NFS and it works flawlessly. Your comment about the 1 hour after the PC turns on makes me wonder if it is related to the transport mechanism used, which may be different between the MyCloud and your other PC folder share (which will be SMB/CIFS I presume).

Kodi Blog Posts
Apparently it's fixed now after trying till 3-4 this night :-)
I had MyCloud to a network connection. I gave it Z: "\\xxxxxx\MediaCenter" and had sources in Kodi from that.
I deleted all the sources in Kodi, disconnected the Z network connection and gave it a added again to X instead and then added all the sources again in Kodi.
Just tested and no stop after "the hour". So maybe it was Kodi all along?

I'm not sure about which service this method is, SMB/CIFS, NFS? How do I see that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops playing video exactly 1 hour after PC is turned on0