Is Windows Media Center a better PVR?
(2016-07-28, 16:35)rpcameron Wrote: What type of streams are they?
How do you expect the OP to know that? Any confusion in this thread isn't down to him, it's down to me. If Kodi is doing all of the decoding, what difference does it make what type of stream it is, you can't change whatever decoder it is using. In NextPVR itself, you can choose different decoders for different types of stream, but I'm told that NextPVR isn't doing the decoding anyway....

Everyday users don't have the knowledge to provide what you call "adequate information".

The recordings from my pc TV card are just .ts files, I assume they are all mpeg2. I think some of the High Definition stations are (or will be?) using mpeg4.
Assumption is the mother of fuckps. Some broadcasters use h.264, some use mpeg2.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-29, 01:30)nickr Wrote: Some broadcasters use h.264, some use mpeg2.
I'll have to take your word for it, finding information about this stuff is a major pain in the neck.... I didn't think Australia was actually transmitting "proper HD" yet. I find it difficult enough to understand why there are multiple channels with the same content.... Blush
What on earth does proper HD mean,?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-29, 03:41)nickr Wrote: What on earth does proper HD mean,?
I think it's fairly obvious that I have no clue....Big Grin

(I had to google to find out that you meant mpeg4 when you said h264 = why can't they call it one thingHuh?)
ive been using kodi on a windows 7 computer for some time and could someone tell me what i need to record programs regards jovie
(2016-08-18, 03:19)jovie Wrote: ive been using kodi on a windows 7 computer for some time and could someone tell me what i need to record programs regards jovie

To record, you need a recording/PVR backend. Kodi does not handle TV recording at all, it is done entirely in another program; Kodi merely presents the other programs recordings to you.
PVR (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Windows Media Center a better PVR?0