Naive question
Sorry for this question that will sounds naive but since I see a lot of strange things those days maybe someone can enlighten me.

I'd like to know why on that post : https://plus.google.com/+XBMC/posts/iZ1W1pekwj5

A basic normal answer from a user that had more than 40 +1 was deleted without explanation or message ? (After about 14 days)

While at the same time on that post : https://plus.google.com/+Kodi-TV/posts/Bn8jkcEvyb3

A pure spam message is still present. (And I of course pass all the spam / pirated content discussions on the official communities)

This sounds a little like North Korea thing, but maybe there's some things I do not understand about censorship, so maybe one can explain as I'm sure there's a totally logic explanation.
What did the deleted post say?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The often seen : XXX should be made the official remote.
(2016-07-27, 13:49)Tolriq Wrote: The often seen : XXX should be made the official remote.

are you offering to GPL it?
I was never asked, and you know why Wink
(We could talk about the fact I contributed to Kodi as I could in exchange, I donated, but no public foundation records since 2013 Wink I offered to donate hardware to some people, I did try a lot to code but never could have an organization that is not code then random lottery to know if you have lost time or not, I do support, I do alert on problems and much more since 2009)
And I did GPLed the Windows one that someone have now continued as FrontView.

But this is not the debate at all, I'm not talking about what the message was, but about the fact that one guy censored a message just because he hates another guy.
And this is AFAIK against the values of the Team and XBMC Foundation.

Maybe censoring just because not liking is a normal way to act, in that case I'd like to have a reasoning and explanation, if it's not then I'd like to understand why this was allowed and if it's how future will becomes.

Please do not change the subject to another unretaled debate.
Sometimes i really think we should simply shut off all social media accounts of kodi and be done with it. What a kindergarden ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I didn't delete anything, but just for the sake of reminding everyone, our social media pages, forums, and literally everywhere else are privately owned and controlled places. We can delete literally whatever we want, whenever we want. You have no first amendment rights nor other government protections. If someone decided it was pointless to have a discussion about a for-profit, closed source application being officially offered by XBMC, then deleting it was well within their rights. We do generally try to avoid deleting threads in the forums, particularly if they're potentially teaching points for future reference, but that policy has never extended to social media, as far as I'm aware.

That can certainly suck for people sometimes, but I'm genuinely not sure how it can suck in this situation. Unless, tolriq, you want to open source your android app and saw this as the perfect opportunity? Otherwise, the conversation had very little to do with the posted topic.
Ok let me resume what really happened because the situation is hilarious Smile

There was a post on official XBMC account that is marked as verified so represent XBMC Foundation.

On that post there was a user comment that had more than 40 +1 without any discussion or flaming or anything on that post. 2 weeks after the post the comment was deleted by Martijn the same day he went nuts when closing PR, force merging code, close opened issue that are still present and important just because they mention my name. (There was no new comment on that post, nothing that could justify a change of mind, and spam comments on the other post was still here)

This is not related to talking about Yatse at all, this is about one man actions, I did try the nice way to see if it's a global Team way or just one man, now I know it's a global Team way and that the force merge was also really accepted by the whole Team and that the problem is more important than I thought.

I can now communicate about all those saying Team Kodi and not just Martijn it seems.

And this is a new topic talking about censorship so how it could not related to it's own topic is strange. The link to here on the other post is related as a link to Martijn actions.
And the conclusion of this topic is that censorship is normal and correct and that some can do whatever they want without consequences (at least for now).

A little history about why Martijn hates me :

It's because of things like : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1279821 where I had to remind him that he should not disrespect 3 years of devs works without knowing and writing false things. and even if my English skills were less good at that time I still think I write this in a correct way. And since then he act like ... with me Smile And obviously hates Yatse success, just maybe because he does not understand why it's successful but it's another story.

100% of the things I fight for where for the greatness of Kodi and it's users, not for my personal use, unlike him that can come in a PR and will say I want this no matter what, fuck users. So yes since he often acts before thinking, specially when I'm involved it's complicated each time, but well I was proven right most of the time.

Or we could talk about the ban for writing stupid in a answer to Martijn when he use that word 10 times a days and does not respect the forum rules almost each day Smile

Ban for a discussion on something that is still true 3 years later but that he continue to not care disrespecting all future devs ?

A reminder for this one too : (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246597)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163215 is a TODO list with things to be taken by any devs that want to contribute. (List that was made after a lot of discussion with Montellese to have it Wink )

This list contains :
* Files
* - [F] add recursive listing to GetDirectory (see Trac #11209)

I did made a PR : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2773 that was refused because some people do not want that feature, let's ignore the fact that the reasons are bad since they could be applied to the recursive params of all the other JSON functions even ones that were merged by me : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2559.

So if we ignore the bad reason, the resume of this PR is that function is not wanted.

Now 3 years later despite me asking it a lot (and Martijn will call that spam) the line is still in the TODO list for anyone to take, code then have it's PR refused because the feature is not wanted.

This is an insane disrespect to all possible JSON devs to leave that line here for 3 years while being aware of the issue.

And the list is long, long very long Smile
Like Nate said, we usually don't delete anything (besides of real spam). Martijn likely deleted it because he was upset with you once again and needed a vent, but not everybody in the team was ok with it, or with the way the closed PR was handled. We discussed it and all is good. But you know, it takes two for a dispute. And although I didn't follow all your heated discussions, I noticed that you sometimes can be annoying in your arguments, and Martijn has a too low tolerance for that. Threads like this one (especially the way you try to make your point) don't really help for that matter.
(2016-07-28, 12:18)da-anda Wrote: but not everybody in the team was ok with it, or with the way the closed PR was handled.

This one of the 2 things I want to hear and I'm glad to see it.

But for
(2016-07-28, 12:18)da-anda Wrote: We discussed it and all is good.

I'm waiting for a little more than internal discussion, I know nothing will come from him, but I'd really expect some kind of apologies for the way he (and from what is written the team) broke my only way to argue on an important security matter by merging code that I asked not to at that period.

Edit : Details about that : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10140 + https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10136

I'm used to deal with Martijn since he's here, and most of the time it's fun, but this time not only yellow line was passed, but the red one too.

When he was in holiday I did try again to make PR that were accepted, and contributing, I'm talking without any problem with DaveBlake that passed with our bad argument, all was good until he started again to act like that for no reason, as the discussion was perfectly fine and coherent.

I did try my best to not argue with him and avoid him, but major security issue for users can't be just ignored. I even tried to be nice after his pure aggression on https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10020#...-227464579 (The reason was added after).
I can ignore all kind of things but not blatant disrespect and insults.
(2016-07-28, 09:42)Tolriq Wrote: I did try the nice way to see if it's a global Team way or just one man, now I know it's a global Team way and that the force merge was also really accepted by the whole Team and that the problem is more important than I thought.

I have literally no idea how you can conclude from my statement anything about a force merge.

The rest of your argument... I mean, man, are you kidding me? You decided to write a book because a comment was deleted on social media, and it wasn't even your comment? I want to be objective here, but this post makes that very hard.

So let me repeat. We can delete any time and anywhere. I frankly want to delete this thread.

edit: I should note, this comment is entirely about the social media comment deletion. Having a conversation about forced merges is fine to have, but should really be done in another thread that actually starts with a discussion of github merging. Backdooring it into this thread is not kosher.
If I had posted about Yatse on such post I would have been total irrespect and it would have been normal to have been deleted Wink Unlike some other I do respect everyone (mostly).

About the force merge and the link about censorship it's about whole Team accepting the situation and the acts of one man (Validating censorship by rage on anything sounds strange but well at least it's official) because https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10140 clearly state :

Quote:We talked internally and we prefer that it goes in now.

This means what it means, and the answers here conditions how I handle the rest. Sounds from da-anda answer that despite your answer here, not all do support what happened and that I may not communicate as whole Team Kodi.

So it's not a backdoor, I just try to understand the global picture before doing the post about things that really matter. (Well IMO censorship does matter, but as you said you can do whatever you want)
Because if the whole Team caution those acts of one man, it's quite different than just one man acts. And yes deletion of that comment was made by the same one that closed discussion on user security and forced merged all on a rage act, even closing at the same time https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9986 is not logic at all.

And deleting this thread would be censorship for sure and not really compatible with the values the Team and the Foundation want to show (but I may be wrong on that).
(2016-07-28, 12:38)Tolriq Wrote: I'm waiting for a little more than internal discussion, I know nothing will come from him, but I'd really expect some kind of apologies for the way he (and from what is written the team) broke my only way to argue on an important security matter by merging code that I asked not to at that period.

Seriously... What's the definition of a troll, again?
"an imaginary, either very large or very small creature in traditional Scandinavian stories"... err, no, not that one...

"someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble". Yep, check.
(2016-07-28, 13:18)Koying Wrote: Seriously... What's the definition of a troll, again?
"an imaginary, either very large or very small creature in traditional Scandinavian stories"... err, no, not that one...

"someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble". Yep, check.

Yes you are with him on that, I already get that, GPL allows things, so you can do whatever you want, including disrespect, censorship, you message is clear no problem.

But your comment here, is clearly the troll one. 100% of the things I write here are true facts. Your posts, brings what ? Oh yes trouble, so Yep, check.
I'm going to go ahead and post 110% true facts, stop whining. It's just as annoying as my 3 year old. Take it on the chin and move on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naive question0