Naive question
Alrighty, Tolriq, I'm gathering that you've decided the whole team is against you, and you've decided the best path forward is insulting us by winking at us and implying that we're all terrible people. Maybe we are. I don't know. But I'm gonna give you a three day break from the forum. If, after three days, you think you can write in a way that doesn't make sweeping negative implications about us, you can come back.
Say "whole team" one more time please. (posted as a team member who didn't realise that big dispute until now).

edit: still not getting that thing about security or what not - that PR you linked to didn't look like security related to me at a glance (added the possibility to get a list of installed addons). But yeah i think i will stay away from this - just saying that accusing the whole team is a wrong thing to do (big part of the team deals with real life and isn't that involved all the time).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Let's not pile on. Tolriq might be overreacting right now, but remember that this conflict between him and Martijn has been brewing for years. Conflicting personalities have been grinding for a long time. Anger can make reasonable people blind to their own behavior, and say things in haste.

I do agree that "whole team" is not fair/correct, but I hope Tolriq will realize that himself once things have calmed down.

@Tolriq as I said in the other thread, I really recommend taking some time away from the main Kodi site/forum. I've had similar conflicts, with some of the same people, and I learned a lot about how to work on Kodi without conflicting with them (more or less). Most of that came from me leaving Team Kodi and getting involved with other groups, such as LibreELEC and my job at WeTek. I saw a whole different side of the Kodi community that I never truly experienced at before. It's far more enjoyable for me, and maybe that might be an option for you. At least for a period of time.

If it gets to the point where you feel the whole of Team Kodi is against you, then either:

a) it's not true and you need to calm down

or

b) it's true, and there's no reason to be involved with a group like that
Honestly can't believe you guys banned @Tolriq

Sure he can be a little vocal with his opinions... (*cough* guilty of that myself).

OP had a genuine point.... @Tolriq has provided @Montellese with years of useful JsonRPC debugging (I'm aware the debugging was subjective).

Figure that would earn some respect? Just my two cents... maybe i'm missing a piece of the puzzle.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I have just realised, from this and other posts elsewhere, that emoji mean different things to different people. That simple mis-communication can only make matters worse.

But I recognise that there is a lot of personal conflict behind all this, not just a few mis-interpreted icons.

As a member of the "whole team" I believe that Tolriq has been mistreated by some individuals over a long period of time, but has also been abusive and mistreated people in return. There is always collateral damage in this kind of personal war, but the "whole team" really isn't involved on one side or the other, and as in all wars we all loose out. There are valid points in what he has to say, but he says them in such a way that makes it hard to hear. In that he shares responsibility for being misunderstood. No one has the time or energy to read it all, and work out what the important parts are. That does not make us bad people, just that we have lives outside Kodi.

Ned I agree with much that you say. That probably leaves me somewhere between the devil and the deep blue sea. Smile
(2016-07-28, 19:30)Lunatixz Wrote: Honestly can't believe you guys banned @Tolriq

Sure he can be a little vocal with his opinions... (*cough* guilty of that myself).

OP had a genuine point.... @Tolriq has provided @Montellese with years of useful JsonRPC debugging (I'm aware the debugging was subjective).

Figure that would earn some respect? Just my two cents... maybe i'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

Just to be clear, he was given a 3 day suspension. Sometimes when people get a little overly intense, taking a forced break helps to clear the air. See Ned's post above. I'm hoping that in 3 days we might all be a bit calmer and not quite so quick to generalize.
(2016-07-28, 19:35)DaveBlake Wrote: I have just realised, from this and other posts elsewhere, that emoji mean different things to different people. That simple mis-communication can only make matters worse.

This is true. There was no moment during this conversation where I felt more insulted than when Tolriq winked when he said the conversation would be deleted if he named his application outright. Perhaps that wasn't his intent, but wow did it feel like I was being addressed directly by Uriah Heep. That's a David Copperfield reference, for those who've read it. emoji have some real power.
I did warn about my English skills since day one Smile

This is a conversation so messages are to be read in order my sentence :

Quote:If I had posted about Yatse on such post I would have been total irrespect and it would have been normal to have been deleted Wink Unlike some other I do respect everyone (mostly).

Means that if I had posted an ad for Yatse on a Kore announcement it would have been normal to have been deleted. And that since I have respect I obviously would never post such thing.

And after reading that a lot of time I still do not see how you could understand what you saw in that, so maybe I'm not the one getting overly intense. So no insult at all, versus all the ones I receive since 4 years by 1 one and by a lot since a few days Wink

Anyway I was ban for talking about censorship, and as you are President + your tag says XBMC Chief and Kodi Project Manager, when you say we validate censorship and endorse martijn acts you represent those, if it's not the case you need to say some bla bla about personal feeling.

Mass was said, there's no turning back.
I hesitate to say anything at this point, because it's obvious that you care more about getting the last word in than actually improving the situation you brought up.

I regeret standing up for you.

Martijn sometimes over reacts to certain people, and that's on him. However, you've been an annoying little baby this whole time. Censorship? Give me a break. Someone was annoyed at you and they reacted badly, but that's not the end of the world. You threw a fit and tried to take back GPL code, which was childish, and bitched about how "disrespectful" it was.

I tried to be diplomatic and said "yeah, it would be nice if they talked to you first", but no one is required to do that. Things don't always work out perfectly, but that doesn't mean they're disrespecting you. Don't group issues just because you're mad. The issue is between you and Martijn, end of story. It's not their responsibility to address the issue. What do you think Team Kodi is? They're just a bunch of other people who want to work on Kodi, and who want nothing to do with the drama. You lashed out at them and said they couldn't use "your" code.

Then other people were annoyed by you lashing out and how you complained about your PRs being merged, and you think that they are backing up Martijn? It has nothing to do with that. You, by yourself, are now acting like a jackass. You did the very thing I warned you about.

Congratulations on winning the special olympics.
Well done Tolriq on pissing off another Team member.

For circumventing your 3 day ban, I have now increased it to 6 days, any further attempt to circumvent your ban will result in another doubling of your ban again as a minimum step.

Now closing this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naive question0