Which Kodi box for streaming?
I am entirely new the latest kodi version. I installed XBMC on my xbox1 back when that was the thing to do. That is the last I have touched it.

Let me explain what I am trying to do. I have a fairly decent screen in my 2015 ram 3500. I have a HDMI2RCA adapter that allows me to connect video and audio up to it.
What I did was buy a chromecast and a wireless harddrive. I can connect to my harddrive with any DLNA compatible software and then stream movies to my screen via the chromecast. What I did not know at the time is the stupid chromecast requires a connection to the internet in order to function. This is fine around town but we go camping and travel a lot where we might not have internet access.

So now I am looking for something to replace this setup. I was looking at apple tv 4 but seems like the NVidia shield is a better device. If you guys know a better (cheaper) way to do this feel free to recommend something. I don't want it for its TV capabilities, I'll likely never use the internet with this. I just want it for streaming content from a harddrive. Maybe the Amazon firestick with kodi installed?

I think I can download an app for my phone to control Kodi remotely.
The device would need to wirelessly connect to my harddrive which acts as its own router.
If I can then make the device stream movies from my harddrive that would be great!
It also must work without an internet connection.
I would get a Raspberry Pi 3. Not only is it a great Kodi device, but it also has connectors for direct component/RCA video out (and audio, of course).
I purchased a firestick with kodi. Hopefully it fits my needs.
Good luck with the Fire Stick.
(2016-08-01, 17:07)xokia Wrote: I purchased a firestick with kodi. Hopefully it fits my needs.

Why did you even ask us for help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Kodi box for streaming?0