Win Issues with Kodi 16.1
Hi All,
I am having a peculiar issue with Kodi16.1. I done a new install of Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron desktop. I have downloaded Kodi numerous times and have never had an issue. When I try to play a video it comes out is a solid block of colour. The colour will change as the video plays and the sound is ok. This is accross the board on all addons I have tried.

Screen grab for issue with video playback Kodi 16.1

Here is a link to a screen grab of a video playing. This was taken from Extreme Sports.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
That's not an add-on we offer support for here, as it comes from a banned add-on (wiki) repo.

If you want us to help you, any such add-ons that violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy (and repos that contain then) need to be removed and a clean debug log (wiki) uploaded to PasteBin and a link provided.

Also confirm if it occurs with legitimate add-ons from the official repo like the YouTube add-on.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-27, 23:16)DarrenHill Wrote: That's not an add-on we offer support for here, as it comes from a banned add-on (wiki) repo.

If you want us to help you, any such add-ons that violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy (and repos that contain then) need to be removed and a clean debug log (wiki) uploaded to PasteBin and a link provided.

Also confirm if it occurs with legitimate add-ons from the official repo like the YouTube add-on.

Hi Darren. Thank you for your reply. I apologize for breaking the rules, it was not my intention to do so. The add on I used was available in the "Get More" list as part of the Kodi 16.1 install. I did check the banned addon list prior to posting and this addon does not appear in the list. I did not download anything else but Kodi directly from yer website.

While enabling the addon it did ask to download youtube separately.

It is not only this addon that will not work but others I have tried that are listed "Get More" section of Video addons will not work either. And this includes the Youtube addon as well.

I do understand that as a service provider ye have to be very careful in what appears on yer service. If you would like me to test any particular addon please feel free to do so.
Thanks a million again for your assistance.

Martin.
@PopIT: Might be a graphic driver issue. What happens if you temporarily disable hardware acceleration?
sounds like a codec issue, try playing a video file using built-in Kodi stuff and if that has the same problem see if it works in another media player that uses standard codecs (basically anything except VLC I think)
Thanks for the replies folks.
@Atreyu: The issue persists.
@mrkaras: Videos play without issue both on youtube online and through the built video player in Windows 10.

I also uninstalled Extreme Sports and the only addon I have installed is youtube and I am still getting the same issue.
I did install the debug logger but am having an issue trying to upload the file as am getting an error message when I try to do so. I will keep trying this as well.

Thanks again.
the log uploader plugin is flakey, you'll probably have to copy and upload it manually. my automatic log uploader sometimes works and sometimes doesn't for no apparent reason, I guess this is the same as what your saying, I have seen several other posts with issues too.
More commonly it's the log site rather than the add-on that's flakey, but that's getting a bit pedantic. There have been some suggestions of looking into a new solution for that, but nothing has come of it yet.

@PopIT - The advanced section of the wiki page (debug log (wiki)) has details of how to manually upload if you need to go that route. Use Pastebin.com and post the link they will provide here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Folks,
Thanks again for all yer help.
Sorry to have taken so long to get this info but here it is.

kodi.log

Hope it will help sort out what is going on with it.

Cheers,
Martin.
Hey mate,

The log file you have is fairly empty. Looks like just the startup of Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Follow that link, then play a video that encounters the issues you're experiencing, then close Kodi and then reupload the log file.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Hi Folks,
Dont know what happened with the last one. Here is one after Kodi was playing the video for about 5 minuets and was stopped and started. I do notice it is a little bit longer.

Thanks as always for yer help.

kodi.log
I made a little bit of headway with this. I have discovered it is the Intel 82945g Express Chipset that seems to be causing the issue. I popped in an old ATI card I have and Kodi playback worked with it, but was unable to find good drivers for it as it was so old and it ran instead on the MS Basic driver which really slowed things down.

Have since tried to upgrade the Intel driver to be told it is already as high as it can go and also tried rolling it back but still got the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Kodi 16.10