Win Not all buttons work with intel NUC 2820
I have an intel NUC 2820 and a microsoft remote identical to the one pictured below.
It works almost perfectly out of the box, except some of the buttons aren't recognised at all.
And I don't just mean in Kodi. I tested it with a piece of software called "Showkey", and the following buttons have no registered input whatsoever.
i
Start
Recorded TV
Guide
Live TV
DVD Menu
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could resolve this? I've been googling it for ages and come up with nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

John

http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_controls

Your post doesn't mentioned having read the instructions on the wiki. I don't know if they will solve your problem, but you should always read the manual first.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've read what seemed relevant in the wiki. All it seems to do is tell you the type of remotes, then tells you this one works out of the box. It sort of does, as the working buttons did indeed just work. But like I said I don't think it's a kodi issue as the buttons in question don't work in ANY application. I was just hoping someone on here had found the same issue and got around it somehow.
I used to have this exact remote working on SageTV, but we're talking years ago, and on windows XP.
Was it physically the same actual remote, or is this a new one that looks the same? Because they can look the same but in fact be different.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My parents have a nuc 2820 and have a hp microsoft-compatible remote. I'm not there right now to check but I'm pretty sure the colour keys work at least. From memory, one is music, another tv, another movies. Doesn't help you at all except to indicate that the nuc receiver itself is unlikely to be the problem.
It was the exact same remote. I was using the receiver that came with it at that time, but they both show up as the eHome in device manager. I suppose I could root out the external USB receiver and see if that fixes the issue. Those HP one's seem cheap enough to be worth a punt if I can't get this one working I suppose.
The other troubleshooting would be to boot a live LibreELEC session from USB and see if it works there, it'd rule out hardware problems.
I'm having the same issue with almost the exact same remote (mine does not have the colored buttons or the teletext button): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285623

On the same box with Kodibuntu, all of the buttons work fine, so I'm convinced that it's a Windows 10 problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not all buttons work with intel NUC 28200