DVD playback status?
I am running Kodi 16.1 on ubuntu 14.04 and want to know if Kodi still has physical DVD playback issues.

I insert a disk and the play disk menu apppears but will not play.

If I then browse the file structure of the DVD most of the time I see the root file system not the DVD.

Sometimes a disk will mount and play but not very often.

Thanks for any pointers
Using Ubuntu 16.04 and Kodi 17 alpha,...works like a charm

Also tested with LibreELEC in current alpha and it works, too...couldn't be better in my case.
OpenElec & Kodi 16. Works fine.

There are some options in settings for DVD video playback.

Have you tested it in Confluence? Seems like I had an odd issue with a skin not allowing it once.

The "sometimes" mount, is it the same disc each time or random discs?

Also.....have you confirmed that they work on another device? If you burned them yourself, you could be missing the "play on click" command. I've seen this when making home movies and stuff.

Aaaand...that's all I have.
debug log (wiki)
No matter whether they are homne burned of Factory made. The results are inconsistemt.

Many times if it shows the DVD menu item ibn confluence it will not plat. So I look at file manager and open the DVD and I see the root filesystem, not the DVD

Please understand that sanitizing my log files of usernames and passwords is not really that easy. I know it is easy to demand them.

Also I am running ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have also tried with builds of xbmcbuntu that were upgraded as well as kodi installed on lubuntu.

DVDs mount in Lubuntu , not in Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD playback status?0