Unable to remove items from library
Hi there,

I'm using the latest stable release of Kodi on Windows 10 with a Lenovo ix4-300d NAS drive for my files and MySQL instance. I've performed the steps detailed on the Wiki to prepare MySQL and created the advancedsettings.xml file accordingly. I can see that the database has been created within MySQL and having added in my shares on the NAS is now populated with movies, tv shows etc.

My problem is that if I try to remove something from my library having already deleted the files, it doesn't remove it. I get the 'Working' wheel when I select remove but the item remains in the library. The same goes for if I clean the library through the System Settings menu. If I try to play one of the films I've deleted from the NAS that obviously fails and asks if I wish to remove from the library, I select Yes and again it remains.

Any ideas?
Apologies I didn't follow the protocol for posts for support, I promise I will in the future!

I managed to diagnose the issue, with a little help from a Kodi expert buddy of mine.

I attempted to delete a row from the 'movie' table manually within mysql connected as the kodi user and it errored:

Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM movie WHERE c00 = 'Zootopia';
ERROR 1436 (HY000): Thread stack overrun:  7496 bytes used of a 131072 byte stack, and 128000 bytes needed.  Use 'mysqld --thread_stack=#' to specify a bigger stack.

As per this post I changed the thread_stack value in two my.cnf (/etc/my.cnf & /etc/mysql/my.cnf) files to 256k and restarted MySQL. Running the same command again then successfully deleted the row from the movie table.

I can now also successfully remove items from my library within Kodi. Smile
I had this problem too. Thanks to your post I was able to resolve it quickly.

Very grateful Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to remove items from library0