NFO file not showing words in their original accent
Is there a way to get the movie NFO file to scrape the data for words that contain accents / glyphs in their fonts

e.g.

This is what I get for a tag in the NFO file

<director>Alejandro Amenábar</director>

But it should be

<Director>Alejandro Amenábar</Director>
NFO are coded in utf-8. All special character looks crazy if you don't use an editor that can handle/convert the encoding.

Here is a sample of a spanish (?) text that also looks crazy but it's correct for NFO:
Code:
<outline>Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) ficou paraplégico após um combate na Terra. Ele é selecionado para participar do programa Avatar onde viaja a Pandora, uma lua extraterrestre. O local é também o lar dos Na'Vi, seres humanóides que, apesar de primitivos, possuem maior capacidade física que os humanos...</outline>

And this is how it looks after encoding:
Code:
<outline>Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) ficou paraplégico após um combate na Terra. Ele é selecionado para participar do programa Avatar onde viaja a Pandora, uma lua extraterrestre. O local é também o lar dos Na'Vi, seres humanóides que, apesar de primitivos, possuem maior capacidade física que os humanos...</outline>
(2016-07-28, 11:59)DanCooper Wrote: NFO are coded in utf-8. All special character looks crazy if you don't use an editor that can handle/convert the encoding.

Here is a sample of a spanish (?) text that also looks crazy but it's correct for NFO:
Code:

Code:

so that data will still display correctly in Kodi?

I used notepad++ which is suppose to be a great editor,
but it still did not show the correct special characters

but if i open an XML file with notepad++, then it does show the special character.
(2016-07-28, 14:57)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-07-28, 11:59)DanCooper Wrote: NFO are coded in utf-8. All special character looks crazy if you don't use an editor that can handle/convert the encoding.

Code:

Code:

so that data will still display correctly in Kodi?

I used notepad++ which is suppose to be a great editor,
but it still did not show the correct special characters

but if i open an XML file with notepad++, then it does show the special character.

Yes, Kodi display that correctly.
If you open a NFO in Notepad++, select top menu "Coding (or Encoding) => UTF-8" and let the magic happen ;-)
@Dan, it's portuguese Smile
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO file not showing words in their original accent0