Request: XBMC Community Forum browser (vbulletin forums)
How feasible would it be to create a python script to parse these forums ?
I'd love to be able to read this post on the xbox Cool
Probably be easier to just use LinkBoks. If it doesn't work right, you might be able to ask for a more vanilla forum style that LinkBoks can handle properly.
Script navigation would be so much more convenient though. Browse by thread, read one message at the time, etc., all without having to deal with a web browser.

That said -- what's the newest freely available Linkboks build available ?
Rainbow 
Why make it specific to xboxmediacenter forums one could be made for vbulletin in general I suppose....

All that will change between different sites will be the directory where the php's are located....

Sure catagories and things will be different but I doubt it's beyond what can be done. forums are numbered rather than named...and we must be able to parse the name anyway.

The cookies/mysql bit may be a pain though so reading without posting would be much simpler to write....

My python isn't up to this yet...but I'm working on it (trying to learn python on the PSP, XBMC, and windows/linux/macos all at once means I'm getting the hang of the nuts and bolts but need to focus more on the gui side of all of them!).

PS if anyone wants to python mentor me over MSN I'd really appreciate it :-D
vbulletin features an "archive", this is as "bare" as it gets, ideal for reading forum I think

http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php?t-28422.html
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Rainbow 
That's interesting Pike. Which solves a lot of the thread displaying problems although listing the threads might be a bit more problematic given that the thread lists don't have an archive themselves (or do they?)....

Is there an RSS feed for that? I seem to remember there is for SMF forums. If we can get the RSS feeds the links to it will give us the post number we need to load the archive...not sure if vbulletin has rss though.

Worst case we'd have to get the script parsing the thread list propper (either that or going all the way up form post 1 and saving the archive locally then updating it every time we do it...Of course we're not going to be popular with website owners doing that........)

Any experienced XBMC programmers got thoughts here?
Rainbow 
TheBoxMan Wrote:Any experienced XBMC programmers got thoughts here?

Oops sorry Pike Undecided Was meant to read any **other**. Wink experienced programmers

(Certainly don't count myself as an experiened XBMC programmer :-D)
I'm requesting a script that lets you go to XBMC Forums and lets you view threads and lets you reply and stuff like that. Thanks bye!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=forum

I'll repeat it, though... why not use something that's already available?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: XBMC Community Forum browser (vbulletin forums)0