Solved [Android] why is the new Rapier skin so slow ??
I have been using this skin and love it but since the last update android device take for ever to load the addons everything is running so slow i have tried using the ENABLE LOW POWER MODE but still very slow is there any thing i can do to speed up the loading of addons ?
Did you try the other skins to see if it's the same?

Which version of Rapier do you use and which version of Kodi?
I am using it on android 5.1 and kodi jarvis 16.1 and the skin verion is 9.5.9 but it slower then before and yes some skins are faster .
It's most likely not skin related. Nothing at all has changed on that matter from the previous version.

Rapier is not the most light weight skin. Some systems runs it very smooth, while other systems have some lagging, slow load times etc.

So 9.5.6 (the previous official version) didn't have those issues?
Try downgrading to 9.5.6 to see if it's the same.
(2016-07-30, 10:29)Gade Wrote: It's most likely not skin related. Nothing at all has changed on that matter from the previous version.

Rapier is not the most light weight skin. Some systems runs it very smooth, while other systems have some lagging, slow load times etc.

So 9.5.6 (the previous official version) didn't have those issues?
Try downgrading to 9.5.6 to see if it's the same.

Hi Gade! I currently have the same problem. When I enter VIDEOS or MUSIC, pointed to files, or the FILMS section. According to what the log reports, when entering the section, kodi tries to check cdrom, although it does not exist on an android it always does. It only happens using Rapier
Hi MicroTV.

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Which version of Rapier and which version of Kodi?

The previous post is more than 3 years old.

Please explain the issue and what you do in detail.
You can also provide your log file: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Rapier has been recoded and cleaned up a lot for v12 / Kodi 19.

This significally speeds libraries up.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Please let me know if there are any more issues regarding this.
(2020-05-18, 12:42)Gade Wrote: Rapier has been recoded and cleaned up a lot for v12 / Kodi 19.

This significally speeds libraries up.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Please let me know if there are any more issues regarding this.

I have the same issue. Just bought a Vero 4k+ and was trying out different skins.  Most of the skins are pretty fast, but with Rapier when I open 'Series' it takes +/- 30 seconds before I can see the library. When going back to main menu and opening Series again it opens in less than 1 second.  Opening Movies takes after this will also take 30 seconds. Exit -> Movies -> 1 second. When I now open Series again, it takes 30 seconds again.
I've uploaded the logs here : https://paste.osmc.tv/watirofixi

I can't find anything strange though
At 14:25:00 I opened Series which took some 35 seconds first time, at 14:25:45 I opened it for second time which took 1 second
At 14:26:00 I opened Movies which took some 40 seconds first time, at 14:26:50 I opened it for second time which took 1 second

I really like this skin, but this long wait makes it unusuable for now.
..but should be fixed in Kodi 19?  I will try again when I have Kodi 19 then. Currently 18.7.
Exactly.

Like I wrote in previous posts, the skin is recoded and all views are built from scratch for v19.

So everything is significantly sped up.

This will not get backported to v18, as it took about a month to do.

Let me know what you think when you try Kodi 19 with Rapier 12 Smile
(2020-06-18, 17:37)Gade Wrote: Exactly.

Like I wrote in previous posts, the skin is recoded and all views are built from scratch for v19.

So everything is significantly sped up.

This will not get backported to v18, as it took about a month to do.

Let me know what you think when you try Kodi 19 with Rapier 12 Smile

Will do. I tried Kodi 19 yesterday, but as it broke too many things I went back to 18 for now, with 2nd best skin 'Amber' (for me anywayWink Will wait for a stable 19 release.
Sounds like a great idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android] why is the new Rapier skin so slow ??0