XBMC/Kodi version: 16.1 Git:2016-05-28-6f8e95d
Overclock settings: none

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
SD card size and make/type: 8GB Class 10
Network: Ethernet
Connected devices: TV

Problem description:
Is there a way to instruct PVR IPTV Simple Client to play specific (embedded) audio track and subtitles by default? Either through mp3 playlist or any other way.
If I select them for a particular channel it changes them for others afterwards.
It seems also that such general video settings in Kodi do not have effect in PVR IPTV Simple Client's Live TV.

Regards,
Alen
Really nobody knows how to handle this!? Or is it possible at all?
You can set the preferred audio and subtitle language in Kodi's settings. However, those are defaukts for the whole system; are you looking for only a specific "channel" to be set with a different audio/subtitle?

If so, I don't believe so, because each channel change is like playing a new file, which resets thise settings back to default. You can however set a button/keystroke to cycle/toggle through audio and/or subtitle tracks.
Thans for the reply.

Actually yes, I'm looking for the setting per channel.

But the main problem is, that general Kodi settings seems to not apply to PVR IPTV Simple Client as far as I saw. Nevertheless, I will check this again and let you know.
In fact it works what you said about general video settings. The problem now remains only for those channels that do not have audio/subtitle tracks configured like defaults - being either named differently or nonexisting at all.

In any case, it would be nice if PVR IPTV Simple Client could support such settings individually per channel. I hope the developer will consider this wish in the near future.
Any news or workaraound about text/sub toggle in simple client?

audio toggles allright when language is set to match the channels in settings, but subtitles doesn´t (works in vlc)..
(2017-09-11, 05:09)buenso Wrote: Any news or workaraound about text/sub toggle in simple client?

audio toggles allright when language is set to match the channels in settings, but subtitles doesn´t (works in vlc)..

I am also looking for a solution to this. In common set-top-boxes you typically specify prefered language for audio and subtitles and it is then displayed automatically. I'm trying to make Kodi my prefered IPTV player but this is the type of thing that need to work.
Is there any work in progress to enable this feature?
I use libreelec on rpi on a previous build i had subtitles working on some us channels ie bravo and Syfy. This was some sort of subs for i Guess hearing impaired. On some channels i can switch subtitles on off but in these us channels i can't figure out how to make it work like before. Does anyone know how to?
it is not supported

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR IPTV Simple Client - default audio and subtitles0