Having trouble adding local media to library
I'm on marshmallow running a LG G4, all media on external storage, kodi 16.1 set up on local storage. I have two folders, Movies and TV and no matter what I do I can only seem to add one to Kodi's library.

I set the content for each but Kodi only seems to scan the first I choose. For the second folder the progress bar jumps from 0% to 100% in about a second. I have tried Movies first, then TV first, adding both but not scanning until all have been added, I have uninstalled/reinstalled and reboot a few times and tried both 16.1 and 17 alpha 2, nothing seems to help. I assume it has something to do with access to the external storage?

Any suggestions welcome
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Right, log file here:
https://app.box.com/s/mx596tjlr7tnkm3i1zy0i6bk5b712nm1

The log is for 17 alpha 3, upgraded hoping it would fix the issue, no luck.
Code:
10:37:38 T:18446744072811972912 WARNING: Skipping item '/storage/9C33-6BBD/Movies/Big Hero 6 (2014)/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
(repeated lots)

You seem to have a file called .nomedia which prevents kodi from searching for media.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I did! I did that to avoid having 25+ folders show up in my gallery. I didn't know those effected kodi as well. I will remove those and try to scan again, Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble adding local media to library0