Signal strenght still missing
Hi i want to ask if it is possible to add the signal strenght to the addon.
the recording service seams to publish it. because dvbviewer itself shows the signal strenght even if it's only connected as RS Client Smile
i posted now a feature request to dvbviewer forum. (it's german Big Grin but you can answer english, too)
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/5855...qualitaet/
This has been removed a few years ago. Apart from the missing API, polling the signal strength results in RS blocking any standby request. In fact it was almost impossible to put RS to sleep before this has been removed.
and it's not possible to only get the signal strenght while you play a live programm? if you stream a live programm RS don't have to go to standby Big Grin
There's still the missing API. I would have to parse HTML again, which I'm not very keen on. Any update and every user can silently modify the HTML templates and thus break the parsing. Second and more important, the HTML output is missing assignments between clients and tuners. So if you have multiple tuners and the second tuner gets selected you won't see any signal strength or if you have multiple clients connected, you'll see the wrong values. All in all this is a feature very likely to break for little to gain.

I've already enough feature requests and fixes on my list so unless an official API will appear I won't add this.

If you're tuning your setup you can as well use your mobile phone and browse the RS webinterface.
at all the signal strenght is the first function of every sat receiver. so if kodi want to be a real all in one center it have to fullfill the basics Smile
And i posted the api request allready to dvbviewer forum. so, that wasn't an attack just a question.
but thanks for all your support.
I didn't understand your request as an attack. I'm sorry if any of my words were to harsh. I'm really declining your request for technical reasons only.

Btw Kodi isn't a all-in-one tv receiver and never will be. You'll still need a pvr backend for the hardware and channel handling.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Signal strenght still missing0