Win Displaying on Dual Screen fails after Upgrade from Win7
The Prolog:
Running Kodi for years on a 15" Laptop and a 40" TV till Windows 7 there were no real problems of displaying things.
The primary display is the Laptop but Kodi runs on the secondary@1920x1080

Getting a new Laptop I got myself a problem, when Microsoft forced to upgrade to Windows 8.1.
I reinstalled Laptop with win 8.0 and denied any upgrades.

Now the problem is back updating to win 10 - that's why after years I m looking for a solution :o)

The Problem:

On the left the 1920x1080 display of the TV.
On the right the 1337 x Huh display of the Laptop.
The pink rectangle shows the area where NO display is available.

Theoretically the TV and the laptop should be site by site - in Win8.1 and Win10 the both display seems to have a negative offset and mix up with eachother.

As you might recognize - Kodi strectches the GUI from the 40" TV even into the display area of the Laptop (for whatever reason?) The lower right corner of Kodi is unavailable in eternity.

Of course tons of Problems resulting from this:
- always have the right part of the menu appearing on the laptops display even though that the TV shows the film perfectly
- seems Windows recognize the Laptop display even though ur mouse cursor is on the TV - you can t reach the subtitle or audio menu with the mouse. Kodi limits the movement acc to the laptop display
- when you switch to another programm, TV screen goes black
- If you chose Windowed mode Kodi puts the menue over TV !and Laptop screen - unable to reach the bottom menue points cause u can see SH*t Wink

Solution:

Anyone of you got displayprobs?
or know how to fix the particular one?

I WANT my KODI right lower corner back - onto the left display!

I ll go and try a bit, but no ide so far

!thx

x33o
Here's a wiki you might want to look through. Settings/System (wiki)

Sounds like you're wanting to multi-task with Kodi running on both different sized displays at the same time? You didn't mention if you used extnded screen or dual screen mode in windows. Suggestion: toggle up the screen control with win+p and choose one screen or the other and set-up the display accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying on Dual Screen fails after Upgrade from Win70