Linux Kodibuntu / Kodi Linux Blu Ray disc playback support?
Is Kodi able to play Blu Ray discs in Linux from an external USB drive?

I'm thinking of adding Blu Ray capability to my household, and I figure the best option is to buy a USB optical disc reader/burner drive for versatility (since my newest laptop no longer has a built-in drive, for example).

I'm wondering if I could realistically connect such a drive to my HTPC (Acer Revo AR3610 Intel Atom + nVidia ION / KODIbuntu 14.04.4 LTS / Kodi 16.1 Git:c327c53) and use Kodi to play Blu Ray movie discs on the HDTV? The Kodi wiki doesn't seem to have much useful information on this, other than that only unencrypted disc playback is officially supported.

What solutions (if any) are people successfully using on Linux for encrypted disc playback? How well do they work for you?
Native BluRay disc playback is still a little problem under Linux and still a work in progress. So if you need something stable working, you have to use Windows for that and buy additional software, which is able to play those movies. You are able to define external players for Kodi which are used then.

Some BR discs are working under linux, but some are not.
Does Kodi use libaacs..or libbdplus? Apparently MakeMKV is able to emulate these libraries to provide transparent decryption to players.
If you use the forum search and search for makemkv or libaacs you will find the solution you just asked for
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu / Kodi Linux Blu Ray disc playback support?0