HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))
yes there is. Did you add the cydia source i posted in the first post? (clayfreeman)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-08-04, 23:58)Memphiz Wrote: yes there is. Did you add the cydia source i posted in the first post? (clayfreeman)?

ofcourse i did. there is 100% no appstash in this package. there is wget but no appstash.
I can confirm that the appstash command util is installed by adding "https://clayfreeman.github.io/appstash/" as a repository.
But I have the same problem as alexinquest, I only see the waiting prompt and Kodi gets moved to the PublicStaging directory, but that's it.

iPhone 6S (16 GB), only Cydia with substrate installed + one tweak (Speed Imtensifier).
I was able to install 16.1 on my 16gb iphone plus. Was also getting no space error. I used icleaner cleaned system then removed all languages but japanese via icleaner. After doing so i tried install again with ifile. Then used terminal Typed "uicache" no quotes Then "killall SpringBoard".

All works perfectly.
(2016-08-04, 13:30)sem93 Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 07:15)Memphiz Wrote: Sorry - mentioned the wrong repo - fixed now

there is still no appstash i don't know what to do

you sir, are the king!!!! it worked!!
edit:
spent three hours for making it work.
Thanks.
An what did you do in those 3 hours if i may ask?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2016-08-07, 06:40)sem93 Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 13:30)sem93 Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 07:15)Memphiz Wrote: Sorry - mentioned the wrong repo - fixed now

there is still no appstash i don't know what to do

What did you do to make it work? I still get the "waiting".
Other iOS? Different phone? Larger than 16GB?
(2016-08-07, 20:01)mario661 Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 06:40)sem93 Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 13:30)sem93 Wrote: there is still no appstash i don't know what to do

What did you do to make it work? I still get the "waiting".
Other iOS? Different phone? Larger than 16GB?
no i have 16gb ipad mini 2. i deleted the language files and background pictures with icleaner. and then i installed kodi via cYdia woth the kodi repo. no terminal or other stuff. there was no buffer error or something else.
what is the url to the deb? and name of deb?
I'm also stuck at appstash command with the "waiting" message...

Any idea how to solve it?
Thanks
I can only say that it works for me and that this jailbreak is the worst i have ever seen...
* Ned Scott prays to the jailbreaking gods that iOS 10 will have better luck being jailbroken.
Its really not that time consuming. Just make an apple id, accept the agreement at developer.apple.com

Download the ipa, unless you know how to turn the deb into an ipa, then just drop it on cydia impactor with your device connected, sign in using the created account and boom its on your device, you just need to Trust the developer. Yes this needs doing every 7 days but after the first time its just a plug the device in, drag n drop the ipa on impactor and its done again. Smile Takes 2 mins.

And, you dont need to jailbreak either..........

Works absolutely fine on my ipad air, air 2 and pro
(2016-07-30, 22:21)Memphiz Wrote: Well there is no real fix yet. But here are special instructions to install Kodi on those jailbroken devices.

Mostly only devices with 16GB overall memory are hit by those "failed in buffer_write(fd))" errors because those have the smallest system partition.

Basically with the following commands we ensure that Kodi isn't installed into the system partition but "stashed" - which means its installed in the way bigger data partition like all normal appstore apps too. For this to work you need to install OpenSSH from cydia and connect to your device as root user via ssh (as mentioned everywhere, the default root password is "alpine")

In Cydia, add a new source with the url "https://clayfreeman.github.io/appstash/"

Install from cydia:
OpenSSH
appstash
wget

The following commands assume you are already logged in into your device via ssh (do ssh root@<ip of ios device> to do that from Terminal.app or putty or whatever ssh client you have at hand).

Code:
$ cd /var/root
$ wget <url to kodi ios deb>
$ dpkg -x <name of the downloaded kodi.deb> /var/root
$ appstash -a /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/
$ rm -r /var/root/Applications
$ uicache; sync; killall -9 SpringBoard

"appstash" command stuck and won't exit, why? (I've been waiting for more than 5 minutes for the latest Kodi app)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))0