Linux No audio after update from Kodi 15.2 to 16.1 on Ubuntu Trusty
Audio was working fine in Kodi 15.2 on Ubunty Trusty on my ZBox Nano. After an Ubuntu software update which included a new kernel and updating Kodi to 16.2, Kodi's audio no longer works: no UI clicks, no sound when playing music, etc. Ubuntu's audio is working fine according to the test that you can run from its sound settings panel. I have tried setting Kodi's audio output to both default and to IEC-956 (which is my actual audio output) to no avail. I also tried changing Kodi's audio output to HDMI but no audio came out on that either. The updated kernel is
Code:
Linux ZBOXNXS-AD11 3.15.3-031503-generic #201407010040 SMP Tue Jul 1 04:42:06 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Since Ubuntu's audio is working fine this is probably irrelevant.

I am looking for suggestions on what the problem could be or how to investigate it further?
Suggestion: Post a Debug Log as asked in the very first post in this section, reason: would save us a lot of time.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for responding fritsch.

I found the problem. For some reason Kodi's volume got reset to 0 during the update. Kodi must have its own volume level as the system audio was playing fine.

I couldn't see any errors in the debug log which is why I didn't post it. It was showing that paplayer was being successfully opened for the digital audio output.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio after update from Kodi 15.2 to 16.1 on Ubuntu Trusty0