Smb shares flakey on kodibuntu 16 after upgrading computer to windows 10
I have seen several threads on very similar issues.

Before win 7 to win 10 upgrade last week - smb shares worked flawlessly from win7 computer to kodibuntu 16

I have disabled smb v2 and v3 enabled v1 on my win10 computer.

I am able to finally see some files/directories on my share from my win 10 computer on kodibuntu but they sometimes show and sometimes not - both files and directories

I have even entered administrator credentials with the same result.

Help! My brain is melting!
You shouldn´t use Kodibuntu anymore. It´s outdated and probably buggy. If you don´t need additional software beside Kodi on that HTPC I would give LibreELEC a shot or better install an actual Lubuntu 16.04 and install kodi on top and let it autostart.
Cool

I will install lbuntu

I have spent a lot of time customizing my kodi installation - any words of wisdom on how to easily migrate my installation configuration to the new lbuntu system?

Thank for your assistance!
The initial install of Kodibuntu is out of date, but that is nothing an apt-get dist-upgrade can't fix, Ubuntu 14.04 which its based on gets updates until 2019.

Alternatively you can try the steps outlined at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes to upgrade it all the way to 16.04, but you might need more linux know how to fix stuff if things don't work quite right.
its not kodibuntu thats the issue... its...wait for it.... win10. loads of posts all over the net about how they stuffed up samba sharing with the 1511 update
(2016-08-02, 09:43)teeedubb Wrote: its not kodibuntu thats the issue... its...wait for it.... win10. loads of posts all over the net about how they stuffed up samba sharing with the 1511 update

They didn't stuff anything up, they introduced SMB 2.0 in 2006 and SMB 3.0 in 2012. It is now 2016 but if you connect to SMB shares on Kodi via Linux, the samba client will request to use SMB1 protocol (IBM version from the 90s).

SBM1 was added to deprecation list in Server 2012 R2. You can't MS "stuffed up" if Kodi on Linux can't support SMB2 protocol from 10 years ago.
SMB >=2.1 (introduced with Win7) is only properly supported by samba 4.
The problem is that samba 4 is practically impossible to cross compile for all our platforms, thanks to its new wav build system.
Therefore: no SMB2/3 support in kodi atm
(2016-08-02, 15:56)wsnipex Wrote: SMB >=2.1 (introduced with Win7) is only properly supported by samba 4.
The problem is that samba 4 is practically impossible to cross compile for all our platforms, thanks to its new wav build system.
Therefore: no SMB2/3 support in kodi atm
Yep, I know it is not easy to incorporate samba 4.

Im just trying to point out the issue is not as simple as "lol ms screwed it up". SMB 2/3 did not suddenly come out of nowhere. Everybody knows SMB1 is on deprecation list (since several years) and while it is still in Win10 as an optional feature, it will be fully removed sooner or later. If the guy above think the 1511 update caused "a lot of posts on the net" wait to see what it is like when SMB1 is fully removed (if Kodi doesn't support 2/3 by then). And don't say there was no advance warning.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jose...b-dialect/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb shares flakey on kodibuntu 16 after upgrading computer to windows 100