Solved Wrong special character in nfo file
Hello everyone,

I just discovered TinyMediaManager in order to sort my movie library on my RPie2/Openelec and it's really awesome. But I've just had a few problems regarding special characters with some movies.
I precise that I'm french (hence the characters...)

For example, Batman vs Superman in my country is named :
Batman v Superman : L’Aube de la Justice

TinyMediaManager displays the correct name in the application but I couldn't find the movie on my RPie2/Openelec library because the movie's name in the movie.nfo file was written:
Batman v Superman : LΓÇÖAube de la Justice

I have this issue with some of my movies which are either invisible or not in the good order because of the wrong characters.

Any advice to solve this ?

Thanks for all your answers
Did you open this NFO with an UTF8 aware editor?

With Notepad++ for example, i can see this wrong string, if it was parsed with OEM/ISO.
But which is correct when switching to UTF8.
(NPP++ displays the charset used in the right bottom corner)

But regardless of the title, OpenElec should always find and display it (even wrongly encoded)
So you might check the OpenElec logfile....?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Hi Myron, and thanks for your reply.

You're right, when I opened it with NPP, it displayed OEM/ISO as encoding but when switched to UTF-8, the special char were displayed perfectly.
And Batman vs Superman was visible (but tiny media manager sorted it as manofsteel2, because of the saga system).

My last challenge is to find why the movie "Les Évadés" (The Shawshank Redemption) is in last position of my library (and not in the "E" section).
But I'll managed to figure it out.

Thanks for all !
hmm.. it might be the title prefixes...
Les Évadés will become "Évadés, Les", and should be listed within "E"
At least within TMM.

Dunno how OpenElec/Kodi will behave whith accents.
But it looks like they're not normalized there and sorted wrongly....

You can override this by removing any MovieSets, and specify the sortitle without accents manually.
Edit: although it is saved correctly in DB, and written into NFO, it is not displayed when opening the dialog again. Fixed in next version Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong special character in nfo file0