Win DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?
I have prepared a sample file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaknaxibdvcecn...y.mkv?dl=0
Works fine with my Denon X6200W. LibreELEC x86-64 8.0 Milhouse build# 1224

There are also 2 samples in the Kodi test file wiki. 5.1 and 7.1. Those are the ones I tried.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Yeah, what I expected. Let's hope they fix their FW.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
They might not. I got an answer from Denon support:

"Unsere AV-Receiver erkennen den DTS-HR EDID korrekt, wenn dieses als unterstütztes Format ausgegeben wird. Unsere AV-Receiver erkennen und verarbeiten das DTS-HR-Signal nach Vorgaben von DTS.
Wir haben die einwandfreie Funktion mit einem BD-Player als Zuspieler überprüft."

Translation: "Our avrs detect the DTS-HR EDID correctly if they are output as a supported format. Our avrs detect and process the dts-hr signal according to the specifications by dts. We tested the function with a bluray player."

I guess I need someone to lend me a bluray player to see if there is any difference.
Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.0.0c
MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7
MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.2.012j (Denon X1200W, 7.1 speakers, LG PF1500G)
Akaso HM8 (S905X): LibreElec 8.0.0c
Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse
I go the same reply :-) And replied them again with the technical details - so let's wait.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Good Luck Guys!
I downgraded the firmware on my Denon X1200W today to test the behaviour of the older firmware. The samples are shown by the input information gui as "DTS HD MSTR", with 5.1 channels. The X6200W screenshots above show how the information should be. So even the older firmware has some sort of trouble with the HRA audio played by kodi.

Next test: lend a bluray player to see if the Denon likes it better.
MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.2.012j (Denon X1200W, 7.1 speakers, LG PF1500G)
Denon has closed the support request. They did not answer my question why the older firmware would recognise 7.1 HRA as 5.1 HD MSTR, but explained the different behaivour of the X6200W.

Apparently the Analog Devices chipset in the X6200W does a bitstream analysis and does not rely on the header information, while the Cirrus chipset in the X1200W relies solely on the header information. They claim both Power DVD on Windows and standalone bluray players do not have any problems sending the right information to the AVR.

If you need logs or want me to test a development version to help fix this issue - just tell me.

For documentation purposes, the full reply (in German):

"Unsere AV-Receiver erkennen den DTS-HR EDID korrekt, wenn dieses als unterstütztes Format ausgegeben wird.
Es ist richtig, dass sich der AVR-X6200W anders verhält, da dieser mit einem Chipsatz von Analog Devices bestückt ist und nicht die Headerinformation auswertet, sondern das eingehende Tonformat auswertet.
Der AVR-X1200W verwendet einen Chipsatz von Cirrus. Mit diesem Chipsatz müssen die Headerinformationen des eingehenden Tonformats ausgewertet werden. Werden diese Informationen nicht richtig von dem Programm ausgegeben, können diese auch nicht korrekt ausgewertet werden.

Wir haben die einwandfreie Funktion zusätzlich mit einem zertifizierten Programm (Power DVD) als Zuspieler überprüft.
Mit diesem Programm werden die Headerinformationen korrekt übertragen und DTS-HR wird im Display des AVR-X1200W angezeigt."
Too funny. "Our chip sucks and we don't know how to change anything in there ... but we found a single program that works". What do they think - if we would alter the bitstream ... how should we do this and still produce a working sound ...

This is exactly why they did not answer to the first question on why it worked before ... cause they don't know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?0