Clarification / History
The french Trump !
Thanks Paxxi ? and Tolriq, its been a long time since i laught like that.
(2016-08-03, 13:19)Kib Wrote: I thought the Foundation's money flow was public for ages by the way. I distinctly remember the Google docs sheet being linked several times.

This is my fault, actually. I switched over to using accounting software, which automated a whole lot of stuff and made my life much easier. I never actually printed out reports from that software for the website. Could probably fix that asap.

edit: Oh, I know why I never updated reports. It's because the accounting software only covers money handled from our US accounts. We have a European account that does things like pay for some European travel and (often) the devcon hotel, and I don't have an easy way to include that information in a report, so I've been punting doing the work to incorporate it.

edit2: Alright, added last year and the year before. It's incomplete, because it's missing European banking stuff, but it's better than nothing.
(2016-08-03, 18:38)natethomas Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 13:19)Kib Wrote: I thought the Foundation's money flow was public for ages by the way. I distinctly remember the Google docs sheet being linked several times.

edit: Oh, I know why I never updated reports. It's because the accounting software only covers money handled from our US accounts. We have a European account that does things like pay for hookers and blow, and I don't have an easy way to include that information in a report, so I've been punting doing the work to incorporate it.

There I fixed it for ya Wink
(2016-08-03, 21:33)aptalca Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 18:38)natethomas Wrote:

edit: Oh, I know why I never updated reports. It's because the accounting software only covers money handled from our US accounts. We have a European account that does things like pay for hookers and blow, and I don't have an easy way to include that information in a report, so I've been punting doing the work to incorporate it.

There I fixed it for ya Wink

You fixed shit!

The correct form is s/some European travel and (often) the devcon hotel/beer, peanuts and pills to not go mental reading all this shit/ but you decided that s/some European travel and (often) the devcon hotel/hookers and blow/ was a lot more interesting.

Yeah, I guess we now know who's the funny one...
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Koying

Please stop kicking a guy when he's down. Maybe let him save face in all of this and understand that he was upset at the time. Who wouldn't be upset after being shut out of discussions as if he were a pest, and then still using the improvements he worked on? He's still wrong with how he's dealing with it, but you saying these things will only provoke him. It's an argument that totally misses the point, so why even have it?

Also, shaming people who make money related to Kodi is not cool. He's not a leech, and I have a hard time believing that you really feel that way. If you are going to put the guy down then at least be fair about it.

@Tolriq

I think you just have to let this one go. People are frustrated at you, but right or wrong, responding to it every time will just create a never ending cycle. If the cycle can be broken then there is a good chance that people will actually start understanding each other. For you to understand Koying (or anyone else on Team Kodi, and they are far from a unified group/mind), and for him to understand you, this cycle must end first.

EDIT: and the lawyer stuff is just stupid. It's that kind of BS that kills the credibility of your argument and makes it nearly impossible for anyone to even want to understand you.

At the very least, just stop talking about each other. Just for a little bit of time.
(2016-08-04, 02:26)Ned Scott Wrote: @Koying

Please stop kicking a guy when he's down.

Can't help it. I just can't stand egomaniac people, wherever they are Wink

But yeah, the point is made here... Let's move on.
@ned thanks for at least one person saying I'm not a leech.

This post is not about the closed discussion and the stupid forced merge, do I talk about any of those here ? I've already ended the circle with the Team and Kodi by leaving.

But defamation and public lies, and trying to destroy 7 years of contributions, I can't let that happens.

He continue to assume his lies no problem, I did ask some proof, they are not coming because they do not exist.

But he refuse to admit that he lied in the pure intention of trying to harm my honor / reputation.
Some may think it's stupid to have him understand Internet acts have real life consequences, but not me, my honor is all I have left after the disrespect of my past work for Kodi.

So consequences there will be as the delay I did offer him to apologies will soon end.
No one is going to apologies. He gave his opinion on something and you rebutted it. There's nothing more to say. Leave each other alone and the problem is solved. Even if he talks about again, guess what? You can ignore it. It's really that easy.

You're doing more damage to your own reputation by making absurd threats. Even if what Koying said was true, why would that matter? At worst, he is simply mistaken about if anyone asked you to open Yatse to the GPL. The rest is opinion. If you think your reputation and honor is so flimsy to be threatened by that then you must not think very highly of yourself.

Calling him a lier over this is about as damaging as what he said. Guess what? You're both wrong. No points awarded, nobody wins, everyone just go home. Get some thicker skin and stop caring about what other people think.
I'll maybe clarify what I mean by honor then, because it's not about how I think about myself here.

This is about the fact that his message in it's whole and in the way it is written, basically tries to delete thousands of hours of contribution to try to make Kodi better.
This message defame 7 years of my life.

I'm leaving because of many reasons that some understand.

But I certainly not want to leave with the message that I left because I'm a leech and tried to profit from Kodi all that time.

More fun about that in the end is that those accusations comes from a guy that do no more PR to Kodi master and have at start of his website :
"SPMC is back following (another) Team Kodi internal fighting Wink"
I have a huge amount of respect for him for taking that stance. I wish others would as well. Trying to make him look bad because of it is what we call a "dick move". Don't be a dick. This is over.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clarification / History0