• 7(current)
Fluid - a skin concept...
I second DJH's question... really liked theDevil's concept... what's different imagewise?
what does it matter? You'll see when it's released!

Dunc..we can talk offline about this if you want.
fair enough... i'll give it a wait... but dude, my mouth's watering... really forward to this bitch of a skin!
no newsHuh or is Fluid turning into gas?
xb2iris Wrote:no newsHuh or is Fluid turning into gas?

What don't you understand? They don't want to talk about it and they'll tell us what they want when they want and they've repeatedly requested we not ask about it. Let it go!!!
RockDawg Wrote:What don't you understand? They don't want to talk about it and they'll tell us what they want when they want and they've repeatedly requested we not ask about it. Let it go!!!

Oh lord... ur a bit ovberworked, aren't you... this thread has been a dead shell for awhile... what little input the skins creators get from the public, shows that people are still interested in what they are doing...

So, calm down... take a stress pill... and chill... they'll tell me what they need to tell me...

Seriously, be a proper fan, and keep the creation team revved up!!!
The general concept is they are doing it how they want and don't want feedback from the public until its finished. They are getting close to being done as mike has said and you can see / talk / praise / complain when that time comes.

Trust me Ive seen it its nice and worth the wait and even though its different to the original images in this thread its still very smooth looking
xb2iris Wrote:Oh lord... ur a bit ovberworked, aren't you... this thread has been a dead shell for awhile... what little input the skins creators get from the public, shows that people are still interested in what they are doing...

So, calm down... take a stress pill... and chill... they'll tell me what they need to tell me...

Seriously, be a proper fan, and keep the creation team revved up!!!

Being a proper fan is one thing. That would involve saying things like "Looking forward to this" and "can't wait". It doesn't involve saying things like "no news or is Fluid turning into gas?"

RockDawg was correct in chewing you out a little bit, since this thread hasn't been "a dead shell for awhile". Within the past week they've said it's close and that people should stop pushing for screenshots/updates/etc.

More importantly, when they release it will most likely be in an entirely new thread so there's absolutely no point in continuing to bump this thread. Be patient. It'll be out once it's done and you can praise them all you want at that time.

Smile
May I just suggest something for a second? We've been working on this project in the background for almost 10 months now. We've worked hard and we've worked true to what we felt our vision was.

The last thing we want is to release the skin right in the middle of an argument on the forums about where this project is.

Can I just politely ask that no-one posts anything further into this thread? I would really like to be able to release this in a few weeks into an environment where people are looking forward to it, not shouting at each other!!!

I'm really pleased about the anticipation, and can confirm that in about 2 weeks we will be posting a 'teaser' thread for people to post in...this will include a small number of screenshots.

Until that time, however, lets keep the back-and-forth down to a minimum if we can.

Thanks muchly.

Mike
I humbly apologise... I never started an argument though... I sincerely got hammered by the Dawg of Rock because of a comment that completely didn't mean anything remotely ILL (not everyone using XBMC is from the USA, so english could be misinterpreted as easily as it be written)... but yet again, I do apologize...

Never meant to stir the pot! Just want you guys to know WE'RE ALL STILL MADLY KEEN on FLUID!!!
Given the teaser screenshots I'm fully confident that what the designers deem finished will be a kick ass skin.

Can't wait. Good luck with the development Smile
Can someone please clarify...

Is Fluid is a whole new skin/dev project?
Or did it become the soon to be released in August "Media Stream"??

I love the look of both...but would really, really, love to see Fluid come to life!
I especially love the light, crisp, and clean home view with the CD and the reflective blue showcase view (with the large covers). I haven't seen that kind of gloss on any other skins Smile

Hopefully it's still being worked on? Thanks devs!
johnny utah

The original concept has evolved from those visuals to what has become MediaStream. We have adapted the skin to what you will soon see and hopefully use to ensure usability and fluidity built on the back of the capabilities of XBMC as it is at present along with the hardware capabilities of the Xbox itself.

Hope that helps.

D
ah ok...makes sense now. thanks forthe reply...looking forward to using the teams new skin! Nod
Nice!Love the look and color.Any chance there will be a backdrop options?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fluid - a skin concept...1