Fluid - a skin concept...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Thread Closed
blazin_it_alwyz Offline
Just wanted to say that this skin looks AWESOME, and if this is the new face for XBMC, then this would definitely be the start of something great.

The last 2 screenies that were just posted, they look good, but the 1st one DOES look kinda Apple/Xtv 'ish, though I absolutely love the 2nd screenie, and this is very much looking good so far.

As far as contributing, I have a little experience with the whole Adobe suite and designing, but probably nowhere near the talent you are looking for, so it might be best if I sit this one out, but great job guys keep it up.
find
shizzle Offline
is this skin going to work on 4:3?
find
MikeBeecham Offline
Team Plex
I'm going to say it right now...I'm REALLY excited that we have wir3d on the team, and it looks like he's already sorted out a lot from what he has said. It's going to be an exciting time for XBMC, I hope...and I also hope that we can put an end to the nay-sayers and actually get this thing sorted.
find
Wir3d Offline
Team Razorfish
MikeBeecham Wrote:I'm going to say it right now...I'm REALLY excited that we have wir3d on the team, and it looks like he's already sorted out a lot from what he has said. It's going to be an exciting time for XBMC, I hope...and I also hope that we can put an end to the nay-sayers and actually get this thing sorted.

I wasn't sure if you accepted me since I didn't get a reply Wink
It would be nice to have some images atleast the background images as mine are not very clean. Aside from that I plan on being up for a while tonight pounding away at these latest mockups.

Devil,
Any chance for a settings menu mockup or thoughts on how you would like it laid out?

Thanks
find
MikeBeecham Offline
Team Plex
sorry wir3d mate...I was going to get back to you, but limited available time atm means I had to do what I coudl when I could
find
lost1 Offline
WOW...those last two mockups look freakin awsome...thats definatly the way the theme should be looking
find
Wir3d Offline
Team Razorfish
Here's the latest...
Again my artwork is nowhere near Devil's quality so hopefully he will be kind enough to produce some Wink

Devil, I sent you a PM.

[Image: showcase.png]
[Image: showcase3d.png]
[Image: tiled.png]
find
blittan Offline
Team-XBMC Handyman
I see a small issue with this.. Make sure all translations fit (eg: Library, etc... )

Other than that, great looking work Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find
skunkm0nkee Offline
Team Razorfish
Great work, looks fantastic!
(This post was last modified: 2011-01-30 09:11 by skunkm0nkee.)
find
blaize Offline
good stuff man, cant wait untill you get some decent artwork to replace the current stuff.

keep it up !
find
Wir3d Offline
Team Razorfish
blittan Wrote:I see a small issue with this.. Make sure all translations fit (eg: Library, etc... )

Other than that, great looking work Smile

English fits Laugh
find
Wir3d Offline
Team Razorfish
[Image: videoinfo.png]
[Image: darkvideoinfo.png]
[Image: darkhome.png]
find
MerDeNoms Offline
Looking good!! Wi3rd, you're doing a great job on this, keep it up. Don't forget that you can change your icon size in advancedsettings.xml. I would try 512, but I'm sure it will slow down whatever animation you have going.
find
MidKnight Offline
is this skin available to try out yet?
find
djdafreund Offline
Skilled Skinner
MerDeNoms Wrote:Looking good!! Wi3rd, you're doing a great job on this, keep it up. Don't forget that you can change your icon size in advancedsettings.xml. I would try 512, but I'm sure it will slow down whatever animation you have going.

I've personally noticed a lot of problems with a number of skins when having a large collection, and using 512x512. (IE-Missing icons and such, running into 0-1MEGS Freespace.) 384x834 so far is working fine, and doesn't come close to problems yet, having an average of 12-14MEGS Freespace at the least.
find
Thread Closed