Alpha Kodi Not Working
Just another data point...

I can do a clean install of Kodi Beta 1 on an iPhone running iOS 10 developer preview and it will run fine UNTIL I add a video source...

As soon as it starts scanning Kodi will crash

If I add the source without scanning I can then browse to the file directly and play it
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Oh
Yes I can confirm this, I posted logs of this in another thread.
9.3.5 official iOS, ipad pro 9.7
Alpha 3 works fine
Beta 1 will crash.
So the question is, what changed between the alphas and beta 1?

Is it a scraper issue if DanTheMan827 had his working fine until adding a source?

Would explain why mine was crashing under 9.2.2 on the apple tv. Had both imdb movie scraper and tvdb scrapers.

Haven't tried adding a source yet on the apple tv to see if it then crashes. Will add a source on the apple tv tomorrow and see what happens.
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
I did a full fresh install of it and it crashed with and without the universal movie scraper thing (the only addon I tried) - I can basically crash a brand new install of it in about 25 seconds.
I might install the Apple TV and iOS GM's today and see what happens.

Will do a clean install and start adding stuff and see if/when it crashes.

Interesting that you said it crashes without any additional add ons.

I thought I was going crazy, but last night I had Kodi open on the Apple TV (9.2.2) with nothing added in it, after about 15 seconds of it just sitting on the landing screen, it white screened out. I thought I imagined it since I hadn't changed a single thing in it yet
I definitely did it with 0 addons. I've been having incredible amounts of issues with Kodi under iOS in general but the alpha 3 release seems kind of ok, if you reprofile it and don't click around too much - but the beta 1 crashes.
Someone needs to tell some "Memphiz" developer guy, he doesn't seem to believe it's an issue and has me on ignore, I'm guessing he's one of the iOS coders?
Wow, it's been over a week and still the completely broken file is up on the server. I (guess?) the next nightly or the nightly after that fixed the major issue?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/pre-release/ios/deb/
Haven't tried any of the new betas again lately. May give it a go this weekend. Happy just staying put for now until the next stable release
Which one are you using? I'm having endless issues with the iOS versions. The only stable I've found is snapshot a3.
Memphiz mentioned in a another thread that he is moving, or in the process of moving and all his atv and Kodi stuff has been packed away,so no work on kodi for a month at least. so sit back and relax with the July 30 build for now.
Ahh is he the primary developer? That explains why he's so angry at me. Is there only one guy? Kinda sucks for him.
Well at least it explains the bug being around for so darn long. I mean if he's the only guy, good on him, he's trying well.

I was convinced this program is a total writeoff on iOS until I found A3, that and Dan telling me to wipe fresh entirely and start again and Kodi is kinda usable and reliable.
Alpha 3 (the July 30 build). Working with no issues so would rather not update for now. I'm sure the dev are working to try and figure out what happened between the alpha 3 and beta 1.
Ok yeah, thank goodness for Alpha 3, it's ...... yeah it's quite usable overall. Man I've had _SO MANY ISSUES_ with the app on iOS was sure it was simply not ever going to be ok.

That advice from Dan to nuke the entire copy, library and all helped a lot, luckily I don't customise my iOS build as much as my desktop on on my HTPC, so it's just 2 libraries to add and trakt - although it is 5 hours of scanning
Now if only Apple weren't total .....#@$%^@!#%$ in regards to the 7 day limit Sad
That's not too bad then. The only thing that made me pause because wiping mine and doing a clean install was losing tracking of episodes watched. I don't connect with trakt so I lose what I've watched every time a clean install is needed. But that's not a deal breaker.

I bit the bullet and got a dev account. Also means getting to play with iOS and macOS betas - which can be hit and miss depending how early in the beta cycle it is Tongue haha
I don't wanna drop the $100, I could just also get plex and pay $150 for a lifetime subscription if I _really_ wanted my ipad to be more media friendly.
Screw Apple for this idiot limitation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Not Working0