secondary language
Hi

Maybe that has been discussed already, so apologies if I'm rehashing.

In the old XBMC there was a setting for Primary Language and Secondary Language. Let's say my main language is Spanish, but there are no such subtitles for what I wish to watch, it would then look for subtitles in my secondary setting (let's say English).

I can only find a primary language setting in Kodi 16.1. I'm using the Auto Subs addon to auto download, but as I can only set primary, it does not auto look (or download) for the secondary.

Is there some addon or workaround I can use to set a secondary?

Another thing, when I set it to a specific subtitles site, it will only look there and won't try the next (if non were found) or if I set it to None it will only search the first one on the list of and not move to the next. In the old XBMC Subtitles addon there was had a setting to "Search next available service if no results are found".

thanks
System/Video/Subtitles/Languages to download subtitles for, it's a multiple choice setting, you can choose as many languages as you want.

The preferred subtitles language setting refers to already available subtitles files/tracks.
(2016-08-06, 12:56)host505 Wrote: System/Video/Subtitles/Languages to download subtitles for, it's a multiple choice setting, you can choose as many languages as you want.

The preferred subtitles language setting refers to already available subtitles files/tracks.

Yes, I have that set to 2 languages. It still only looking for the first service on my sub services list (if I don't set a default service) or if I set a default service it will only search there. So, if there is no subs available there it doesn't continue to look at the next one unless I initiate it myself. It does not search the next available service if no results are found.
Yes, it doesn't work that way anymore (ever since the subtitles system changed).
I was answering to the first part of your post, where you weren't getting results for 2 subtitle languages.
If you have the aforementioned setting correct, make sure that there are actually subtitles for these languages that you're looking for in the site that the addon scrapes.
(2016-08-06, 19:06)host505 Wrote: Yes, it doesn't work that way anymore (ever since the subtitles system changed).

thanks for your responses, host505.
That's a real shame, seems to me like a very useful feature to me. I'm sure there are a lot of people who default to their own language, and if subs are not available for it, move to English (or some other language they get along with).
It adds another layer of interaction which seems unnecessary.
I think you're mixing up two things.
You can search for 2 languages from the same service simultaneously (provided the service supports it - e.g. opensubtitles, podnapisi).
You can't automatically jump to the next service if no subs were found.
(2016-08-07, 10:02)host505 Wrote: I think you're mixing up two things.
You can search for 2 languages from the same service simultaneously (provided the service supports it - e.g. opensubtitles, podnapisi).
You can't automatically jump to the next service if no subs were found.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well. The services available for my native language, do not offer English as well. Thus I have a couple for my native + a couple of English.
e.g: If I needed say Hungarian and English, I could use SuperSubtitles that offers both. I do use Supersubs for English, as it's pretty up to date and usually doesn't include CC/HoH subs.

Opensubtitles for example, does offer multi languages, but from my experience, they often offer terrible google translate subs for my native language when no real ones were made. Another thing is tv shows. There
are often various teams who released them and sync is different for each. The dedicated language services offer a variety of sync'd subtitles, while the more global services (opensubs, podnapisi) would usually only offer one.
OK now I get it.
Well I don't find it much of a trouble to switch service if the first one failed. You just push the right arrow and select another service.
I mean without the use of autosubs.
(2016-08-07, 10:40)host505 Wrote: Well I don't find it much of a trouble to switch service if the first one failed. You just push the right arrow and select another service.
I mean without the use of autosubs.

Sure, It's not a devastating change, but it would work much better with "search for next service" automatically. I'd say maybe 50% of the tv shows get local subs (and some take a few days to happen), so I end up watching with English subs a lot. With such an option (that used to be availble in the past), one would need to interact a lot less.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
secondary language0