New Movies, TV Shows "loading"
Hello

I have tried to find a solution to my problem but haven´t find anyone that have the same problem, perhaps my bad google skillz ;/
For a couple of days i have had a problem in KODI, i don´t know if its related to the skin (xperience1080) or not.
The problem i have is that the sections for New Movies, TV Shows etc only have a "loading" sign, nothing more happens.
I tried to uninstall KODI and delete all the temp-files but nothing happens, the "loading" sign is still there.

Anyone that have had this problem that know what to do?
Ok, weird. I came here looking into the same issue. Looked closer at Kodi before posting to find out which modules weren't working and just happened to notice an "XKCD.com" caption under the pictures module. Hit backspace with the module selected, chose the XKCD.com option and was prompted that I needed to download the XKCD addon (which I did; XKCD is funny enough, whatever) and voila, it loaded. Then tried just reselecting my preferences for all the other broken modules and most worked, but not New TV Shows. Exited & restarted Kodi. Still didn't load. Reselected New TV Shows, and bingo.

So I don't really expect this to really help anyone but am posting for whatever it's worth. After reselecting my module preferences they all seem to be working now. Moreover I have NO idea why XKCD was preselected as my default photos module, especially when the add-on hadn't been previously installed.

Also FWIW I had recently tried out a few other themes from the default repo just to have a look (but promptly switched back to xperience 1080). Maybe that changed something up.
(2016-08-06, 22:37)shen Wrote: Anyone that have had this problem that know what to do?

I had this error and fixed it today. I went to settings->skin->customize home widgets and re-selected everything that was already selected for the widgets causing issues (for me, "New Movies" and "New TV Shows").

As I backed out of settings, I was prompted to install the Library Data addon, which was unexpected but sounded legit. After that install had happened, the widgets worked just fine.

edit: Library Data Provider addon: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Data_Provider
@smcphill

I was having this same issue, but your fix worked for me.

The only difference for me was that when I backed out of settings, I was not prompted to install anything -- the Library Data Provider addon was actually already installed.

As you suggested, going into the skin settings and simply re-selecting the homescreen widgets that had stopped loading (for me: "Spotlight", "Ongoing TV Shows", "New Movies", and "New TV Shows") seems to have reset something, because now all the widgets are working properly again.

Thanks! Smile
I've been having the same issue, I'm using the Backup addon and restored a 2 month old backup, the second the skin updated the problem appeared again, I downgraded the skin to 5.1.0 it worked again, so it seems to be some problem with the latest version (at least for me) 5.1.0.540

I'll at least recommend trying downgrading the skin and see if that helps.
Do what smcphill recommended. Then exit kodi and the problem is gone.
To reduce the loading time you can configure the number of items to fetch from database within the Library Data Provider addon settings.
I've reduced it from 20 to 10. I've also changed the option "Only unplayed and unfinished" to false in Random Item + Recent Items tab.
(2016-08-08, 14:38)smcphill Wrote:
(2016-08-06, 22:37)shen Wrote: Anyone that have had this problem that know what to do?

I had this error and fixed it today. I went to settings->skin->customize home widgets and re-selected everything that was already selected for the widgets causing issues (for me, "New Movies" and "New TV Shows").

As I backed out of settings, I was prompted to install the Library Data addon, which was unexpected but sounded legit. After that install had happened, the widgets worked just fine.

edit: Library Data Provider addon: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Data_Provider
Tried this but still no luck none of the widgets are working for me.
The customize widgets screen is a little confusing anyone mind dumbing down the solution!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movies, TV Shows "loading"0