Help adding full 3d mvc to my build
I would like to know what's the best way and cheapest way to add 3d mvc to my current build (iso and mkv preferably).

Presently I have:
Libreelec on core2duo e7400 with ati hd5850.

If there's a way to get get better postprocessing, it's also a plus (even more for atsc live tv, since ati is not great at deinterlacing with mpeg2 (sw only) )

My big problem is I absolutely need sound output using optical toslink, and the raspberry pi 3 doesn't have one.

Is there a way by buying a cheap gpu or else that could bring me the only functionality missing to my Panasonic tv.

Thank you.
Best 3d experience will be rpi3 for mvc 3d. you could use a usb device for spdif.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Pi3 is one option w/USB add-on for SPDIF. Another is HiMedia Q5 Pro or Q10 Pro, which has SPDIF. Finally, a compatible Intel NUC/PC w/a HDMI SPDIF extractor or adapter like this (there are others).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Are those usb adapter all supported on linux with rpi3 or are there some that are more recommended?
I am sure that some will be supported better than others. There are also sepcific hardware for Rpi, like https://www.hifiberry.com/digiplus/ - again i would specifically ask in the forum of whatever distro you want to run (best bets LibreELEC or OSMC).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have one of these ... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2168326

No drivers required ... Works Great ! Smile (it was $20 when i bought it a year ago)

Note: you can plug it in at the RPi end ... or at the back of the TV (works both ways)

(2016-08-07, 00:30)nickr Wrote: Best 3d experience will be rpi3 for mvc 3d. you could use a usb device for spdif.

have to disagree if you are optimizing on vid quality. the video quality of the 3D intel wip build on nvidia or intel produces a superior picture quality over the rpi. rpi has way too much color banding (or solarization).
Which build do I go to to get that?
(2016-08-08, 03:22)TheShoe Wrote: rpi has way too much color banding (or solarization).
Solarization is not color banding.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solarisation
Ok thanks a lot for everything.

I'm a bit torn. I don't know if I should do an upgrade to the rpi3 which in all would cost me approximately 100 USD. Or if I should wait for the kaby lake platform and be completely future proof (HEVC 10 bit decoding for future video files) for at least double that amount.
Or even wait for the hypothetical rpi4.

I really don't want an android solution. My preferred solution is Libreelec or Linux for its appliance like ease of use (advantage rpi).
I don't have an opinion on windows which seems to be mandatory with Intel platform? (Is launcher4kodi really as good as openelec for it's ease of use in eliminating all windows services or tasks?)
(2016-08-08, 03:22)TheShoe Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 00:30)nickr Wrote: Best 3d experience will be rpi3 for mvc 3d. you could use a usb device for spdif.

have to disagree if you are optimizing on vid quality. the video quality of the 3D intel wip build on nvidia or intel produces a superior picture quality over the rpi. rpi has way too much color banding (or solarization).
By "experience" I meant "it works".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help adding full 3d mvc to my build0