Copy Once Programming
Hello all,

I have Fios and just recently got a cablecard. After configuring SWMC propertly, I was enjoying my tv across my home until I came across my first experience (I think) with Copy Once Programming. I was trying to watch some of the fox stations (not the local broadcast, but rather Fox News and Fox Business). On WMC, they play, record and playback perfectly. However, watching the recording or the live feed results in a pixelated blue screen with a buzzing sound. Only these stations do this. Is it safe to assume I'm running into a Copy Once secneario? Is there ANY way to watch this programming on any other device (other than getting more cablecards or renting a box from Verizon)?

Thank you all for your help!

Regards,
Kurt
Yes, Verizon started flagging those channels as copy-once. So the only PC based solution for them is WMC. I think the HDHR client on Android can also view the live channels but there is no DVR solution there yet.
open your web browser at home on the same network and navigate to the IP address of your hdhomerun.

you will see a channel lineup button there that will list all chans and if they are DRM or not.
(2016-08-08, 01:51)jdlive Wrote: Yes, Verizon started flagging those channels as copy-once. So the only PC based solution for them is WMC. I think the HDHR client on Android can also view the live channels but there is no DVR solution there yet.

Thank you for the response. I had been considering getting the HDHR Prime device to replace my current Hauppauge DCR-2650. I know their new DVR project states that you can view DRM content, but do you know if the HDHR View app allows for viewing of it?
(2016-08-08, 02:09)bry- Wrote: open your web browser at home on the same network and navigate to the IP address of your hdhomerun.

you will see a channel lineup button there that will list all chans and if they are DRM or not.

Thank you for that info! That was a good tip! I can now hide those channels from the guide until a solution is made available.
(2016-08-08, 02:30)realdiehl724 Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 01:51)jdlive Wrote: Yes, Verizon started flagging those channels as copy-once. So the only PC based solution for them is WMC. I think the HDHR client on Android can also view the live channels but there is no DVR solution there yet.

Thank you for the response. I had been considering getting the HDHR Prime device to replace my current Hauppauge DCR-2650. I know their new DVR project states that you can view DRM content, but do you know if the HDHR View app allows for viewing of it?

IIRC only the native Android app can view copy-once channels.
(2016-08-09, 16:37)jdlive Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 02:30)realdiehl724 Wrote:

IIRC only the native Android app can view copy-once channels.

Ok. Thank you for the info!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy Once Programming0