• 17(current)
Beta WebGrab+Plus Configurator
(2017-01-25, 02:00)Zeroxstaticlife Wrote: Thank you! That is very helpful! It sounds like Kodi and your webgrab files are on the same server. Would the script still work if Kodi is installed on the device and webgrab files are on the server?

They are an the same server for me. I simply find that a central Kodi installation to store the MySql shared Kodi database is the best way to sync all my devices. If Kodi is NOT on the server then this will work if Kodi is running at the time the scheduler kicks in and as long as you can point the WebGrab addon to export to the server location.
Ok thank you! I think with all this information I can get it set up. I'll be sure to report back here with whatever I ended up doing. Thanks again!
Exclamation 
@Zeroxstaticlife

Basically the first page of the settings is where this addon does its thing and the second page of the settings is where the Webgrab exe does its thing.

What I have done to make it easier for me is map a network drive to the same place on the Windows PC that I use the addon on and the server that I run the webgrab exe on overnight.

So "Settings \ Paths \ Config Output Folder" needs to be where webgrab.exe needs the config files to be.
So on my desktop pc I've mapped:
X:\ to \\Server\xmltv\
and put x: in the Config Output Folder

The webgrab exe needs to know where to put its final output file in "Settings \ Config \ xmltv Output Folder/File Name".
That setting ends up in the WebGrab++.config.xml file as
<filename>X:\xmltv.xml</filename>

On the server I have also mapped that folder to the same place to make it easy
X:\ to \\Server\xmltv\

When you run the webgrab exe on the server you need to give it the argument of the directory with the WebGrab++.config.xml in.
"C:\Program Files\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe" x:\

The output xmltv file will end up in
X:\xmltv.xml

The Task Scheduler task on the server pc has this as the Program/script
"C:\Program Files\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe"
and this as the "Add arguments"
x:\
It runs at 4am.

Because I used the same x:\ folder I can now run the webgrab exe from the desktop pc if I want to test something now instead of having to run it on the server but that is optional.

You could then import the WebGrab++.config.xml on the Nvidia Shield, set the paths for the server and set it up from the comfort of your sofa. Wink
Yep - totally agree. Have a K:\ drive here for all my shared Kodi stuff - background images, channel logos, guide xml etc. Definitely a good plan and easy to link to from other machines.
Quote:4. Webgrab+Plus Configurator operation
--------------------------------------

Download Site Pack
ends up in:
userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\siteini.pack

Lab \ tv.com
enter your zip code
enter your time zome (you might have to experiment)
UTC or US/Mountain or UTC-05:00
Choose Provider
Add to Channels (just choose a couple at first to test)

The selected channels will be in Selected Channels and in Countries \ USA \ tv.com

Hi, thank you for your work!! I am trying to set it up, but I couldn't figure out what Lab \ tv.com means? Where do I find it??

Thank you!!
(2017-02-13, 20:03)3000 Wrote:
Quote:4. Webgrab+Plus Configurator operation
--------------------------------------

Download Site Pack
ends up in:
userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\siteini.pack

Lab \ tv.com
enter your zip code
enter your time zome (you might have to experiment)
UTC or US/Mountain or UTC-05:00
Choose Provider
Add to Channels (just choose a couple at first to test)

The selected channels will be in Selected Channels and in Countries \ USA \ tv.com

Hi, thank you for your work!! I am trying to set it up, but I couldn't figure out what Lab \ tv.com means? Where do I find it??

Thank you!!

It's called "Experimental Site Wizards" now.
ah all right! Found it right away. Thanks a bunch!
ok, I was able to generate a xmltv.xml file.

What next? I am running VDR in Kodi.

How can this file now be used as an EPG in Kodi?

Thanks a lot!
(2017-02-19, 00:18)3000 Wrote: ok, I was able to generate a xmltv.xml file.

What next? I am running VDR in Kodi.

How can this file now be used as an EPG in Kodi?

Thanks a lot!

You can use it in IPTV Simple Client or you can use one of the TV Guide addons like my TV Guide Fullscreen.
Also iVue allows specification of a "Custom xml" file who you can point to your created file.
I am trying to make it work in VDR.

It's not going to be as easy I think.

But thanks for the examples!
(2017-02-20, 11:55)3000 Wrote: I am trying to make it work in VDR.

It's not going to be as easy I think.

But thanks for the examples!

Which backend are you using?
http://kodi.wiki/view/VDR
Hi primaeval! Thank you for asking. I am REALLY struggling with this. Yes, I use VDR VNSI Client.

Do you have an idea how to integrate it?
(2017-02-20, 14:53)3000 Wrote: Hi primaeval! Thank you for asking. I am REALLY struggling with this. Yes, I use VDR VNSI Client.

Do you have an idea how to integrate it?

Is this your backend?
http://tvdr.de/index.htm

How are you getting your channels: tuner card, iptv?
If it is from some tuner, the epg data usually comes from that.
If there is an iptv plugin that is probably where you add the xmltv data source.

There is a whole VDR forum here.
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=169
Yes, VDR 2.2.0. I am using a dvb-s2 twin tuner card.

The epg that I get is insufficient. This is why I try to make the xml work in vdr. But it is very complicated.

I will have a look and ask over there too, thanks!

I think easiest would be if I could make my backend work under the IPTV Simple Client, but I don't think that will be possible.

It's a hassle ...
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebGrab+Plus Configurator3