• 2(current)
Beta WebGrab+Plus Configurator
(2016-08-08, 21:17)DarrenHill Wrote: Yup, seems to work fine with the Pi and the LibreElec webgrab add-on plus your full screen TV guide. At least once you get all the settings pointing to the right places anyway.

That sounds good. I'll have to steal one of the kids pi's for a while to put LibreElec on and test it out.
No Scooby-Do for a while. There will be tears and shouting. Wink
(2016-08-08, 15:49)MikeKL Wrote: @primaeval

Liking what I see so far after using configurator (v0.0.2) to create prefered list of selected channels from UK, France and Spanish channel selection. WinkCoolCool

Would be great within created channels list to be able to sort, re-order channels into a user preferred country mixed order and to also modify final channel name that will be visible when using resulting xmltv.xml with TV Guide Fullscreen add-on and/or Kodi TV (PVR) option.
(Something I currently do via standard text editor to my personal prepared WebGrab++.config.xml)

- sort channels context menu (country, name, provider, id)
- move channels context menu
- yellow if country/provider has active channels
Running 0.0.4 and then quickly looked at existing my channels list in add-on, selected a channel in list with OK button on remote rather than using "C" on a keyboard to view available options, be aware that this causes Selected -> OK'd channel(s) to be removed from channel list? (checked a few times even after re-boot of rpi2 and channels definitely removed from list)

Perhaps add the remove channel option into overall list of options for a given channel when selecting a channel in list?

All options you mention added with 0.0.4 working with config file channel naming and channel ordering (sort and/or move) changes stored as expected in WebGrab++.config.xml CoolCool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-08-08, 23:36)MikeKL Wrote: Running 0.0.4 and then quickly looked at existing my channels list in add-on, selected a channel in list with OK button on remote rather than using "C" on a keyboard to view available options, be aware that this causes Selected -> OK'd channel(s) to be removed from channel list? (checked a few times even after re-boot of rpi2 and channels definitely removed from list)

Add remove channel option into list of options when selecting channel in list?

All options you mention added with 0.0.4 working with config file channel naming and channel ordering changes stored as expected in WebGrab++.config.xml CoolCool

Remove is the default action in the Channel list because that was all there was before the Move, Rename and Sort commands.

Do you think it should be Move now?
Hmmm, not sure about switching to move, everywhere else in addon (that I can tell) we select items to see what happens and what we can do to/with item.

The remove a channel was for sure unexpected when I first tried it.
(I actually did not think to try the "c" option, thought using OK would take me to next step)

Hence my current thought that you could move the remove option with all other options, believe should wait and see what others trying out the beta think?

Thanks for all your work on this addon Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-08-08, 23:49)MikeKL Wrote: Hmmm, not sure about switching to move, everywhere else in addon (that I can tell) we select items to see what happens and what we can do to/with item.

(I actually did not think to try the "c" option, thought using OK would take me to next step)

Hence my current thought that you could move the remove option with all other options, believe should wait and see what others trying out the beta think?

It actually runs the same "toggle" command internally.
In the provider lists it turns yellow.

Aha. That is why it is confusing. They should be yellow in the Channels list. Smile
(2016-08-08, 23:52)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 23:49)MikeKL Wrote: Hmmm, not sure about switching to move, everywhere else in addon (that I can tell) we select items to see what happens and what we can do to/with item.

It actually runs the same "toggle" command internally.
In the provider lists it turns yellow.

Aha. That is why it is confusing. They should be yellow in the Channels list. Smile

- yellow names in Channels

See if this is better. The yellow channel name should give you a clue that it will toggle off if you press it.
This is all well and good, but does it not rely on the TV Guide add-on which nobody is working on? I have already found a couple of issues with the TV Guide add-on.

Sent from my ONE A2005
(2016-08-09, 01:40)iainmacleod Wrote: This is all well and good, but does it not rely on the TV Guide add-on which nobody is working on? I have already found a couple of issues with the TV Guide add-on.

Sent from my ONE A2005

Try this: 282157 (thread)
(2016-08-09, 03:28)donbrew Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 01:40)iainmacleod Wrote: This is all well and good, but does it not rely on the TV Guide add-on which nobody is working on? I have already found a couple of issues with the TV Guide add-on.

Sent from my ONE A2005

Try this: 282157 (thread)

@donbrew Thanks for the recommendation. Smile

@iainmacleod If you are happy with what you have you should stick with it.
The rest of us have to make do with whatever tv streams we can find in our impoverished, geo-blocked countries. Wink
This addon and TV Guide Fullscreen try to make that process easier.
xmltv.xml Output can also be used in place of traditional over the air EPG with a number of Live TV PVR addons, a particular PVR addon that springs to my mind is IPTV Simple Client. (there are others, none providing a perfect soloution for mix of IPTV Live streams and DVB-** )

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215

I personally keep flitting between standard Kodi Live TV functions (using different PVR's) and forks of the orginal TV Guide Fullscreen, simply because i have not found a perfect mix of EPG, IPTV & DVB-* functionality in a single or mix of add-on(s) that works for my needs on rpi.

primaeval's excellent recent efforts with his betas of TV Fullscreen and WebGrab+Plus Configurator, along with awiouy (LibreELEC Forum) WebGrab+Plus for installation on rpi is bringing things ever closer to "user ease" perfection CoolCool
(2016-08-09, 10:25)MikeKL Wrote:
xmltv.xml Output can also be used in place of traditional over the air EPG with a number of Live TV PVR addons, a particular PVR addon that springs to my mind is IPTV Simple Client. (there are others, none providing a perfect soloution for mix of IPTV Live streams and DVB-** )

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215

I personally keep flitting between standard Kodi Live TV functions (using different PVR's) and forks of the orginal TV Guide Fullscreen, simply because i have not found a perfect mix of EPG, IPTV & DVB-* functionality in a single or mix of add-on(s) that works for my needs on rpi.

primaeval's excellent recent efforts with his betas of TV Fullscreen and WebGrab+Plus Configurator, along with awiouy (LibreELEC Forum) WebGrab+Plus for installation on rpi is bringing things ever closer to "user ease" perfection CoolCool

It is a shame that the Kodi PVR functionality is so tightly coupled to needing C++ compiled addons.

I looked into adding my additions to IPTV Simple Client but I really don't want to go through all the hassle of setting up a C++ build environment and all the debugging cycles.

This way I can just use Notepad++ and see the changes as soon as I save the python file.

Maybe in the future someone will make a nice simple bridge to join the python addons to the PVR.
@primaeval

Been checking after update to 0.0.5 and just want to be sure your fully appreciating issue that with just a simple select of a channel in user prepared list of channels causes channel to be immediately deleted from user channel list. (frustrating, as re-adding is not quick, needing to going back through/via country and then re-selecting the deleted channel etc)

Currently --- Webgrabplus configurator -> Channels -> Hover over channel then :-

Remote "Select" = Select = Delete Channel!?
Keyboard "Enter" = Select = Delete Channel!?
Keyboard "C" = Contextual menu = Show options available (Rename Channel, Rename xmltv id, Sort and Add to Favourites options)

Really believe delete option should be added to general list of modifyable options above. (i.e. No option is activated when using select or the select option activates same underlying option as "C" Key)
(2016-08-09, 16:40)MikeKL Wrote: @primaeval

Been checking after update to 0.0.5 and just want to be sure your fully appreciating issue that with just a simple select of a channel in user prepared list of channels causes channel to be immediately deleted from user channel list. (frustrating, as re-adding is not quick, needing to going back through/via country and then re-selecting the deleted channel etc)

Currently --- Webgrabplus configurator -> Channels -> Hover over channel then :-

Remote "Select" = Select = Delete Channel!?
Keyboard "Enter" = Select = Delete Channel!?
Keyboard "C" = Contextual menu = Show options available (Rename Channel, Rename xmltv id, Sort and Add to Favourites options)

Really believe delete option should be added to general list of modifyable options above. (i.e. No option is activated when using select or the select option activates same underlying option as "C" Key)

What I might be able to do is that Select pauses the channel but doesn't delete it.
If it is paused it won't get added to the Config.
I can then add Delete in the context menu.

How about that?
hmmmm What do you mean by paused?, issue occurs when looking at the previously configured "config" list of channels
(This is what I am seeing on my rpi when within Webgrabplus configurator -> Channels option)

In my usage case only way to include the channels in config file is :-

WebGrab+Plus configurator -> Contries -> UK -> radiotimes.com ->
WebGrab+Plus configurator -> Contries -> Spain -> elpais.com ->
WebGrab+Plus configurator -> Contries -> France -> canalsat.fr ->

Note: Yellow highlight colour is very useful reminder of where you have previously been to select the channels and to know what is currently selected and included in the config file CoolCool
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebGrab+Plus Configurator3