Kodi Crashing on exit.
Hope this in the right place. I'm running Linux Mint 18 and Kodi 16.1. Everytime I close Kodi it is generating a kodi_crashlog.log file in my home directory. I've tried looking at the log but can't figure it out. Here is a link the pastebin dump. Hope I did it right.

http://pastebin.com/K1QgPeJi

Thanks.
Crashing in our NFS ... not obvious why.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok. Thanks. I do have NFS mounts on this client that Kodi is running on, but I don't use the built in Kodi NFS when I add the directories. I browse to where they are mounted on the root directory. Perhaps a conflict between Kodi's built in NFS client and the NFS client running on my machine?

Any way to disable Kodi's built in NFS?

Thanks again.
You do:
Quote:14:49:21 T:139846055471424 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.8)
14:49:21 T:139846055471424 DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.8
14:49:21 T:139846055471424 DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.8.120/media/Storage not open - get a new context.
14:49:21 T:139846055471424 DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.8.120 and export /media/Storage
14:49:21 T:139846055471424 DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 1048576/1048576

You can compile it without nfs support.

I checked the code and the crash is not obvious. Our code properly saves the relevant datastructure with locks.

Might be fixed by: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/commi...fa92564ba7 (which then would be an libnfs bug)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I did ./configure --disable-nfs. It's making now. Will report back when it's installed.
Well I think that worked. I ended up doing a ./configure --disable-nfs --disable-samba.

Haven't received a crashlog yet after multiple opening and closings.

Maybe an option to enable/disable these services from settings could be implemented in the future?

Anyway, thanks fritsch!
Fixing the root cause is what we need to do. In your case your Media storage used it... removing that share would have been enough.
Not sure how I would remove something I never added. Like I said, I've never used Kodi's NFS service.

When I add directories, I browse to where they are mounted in my root directory (same as a local directory).

Not sure why Kodi's NFS service is trying to do stuff on it's own.

Not sure why Kodi's Linux version even has an NFS service to begin with. Linux users don't need it.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashing on exit.0