DVB subtitles (from streaming MPEG-TS)
I have a streamer which streams .TS files from a dvb-t source, how do i access subtitles.

Does xbmc support Teletext Subtitles or DVB Subtitles.

joolz
joolzg Wrote:Does xbmc support Teletext Subtitles or DVB Subtitles?
No, a patch would be welcomed though, (maybe someone else can confirm this but I believe FFmpeg supports DVB subs now in their SVN?, ...and since XBMC's DVDPlayer uses FFmpeg it might be possible to implement it there via that code?).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ProjectX can extract these DVB Subtitels.

We discussed the possibility already here on the Dbox 2 Forum to add this feature within Neutrino.
Quote:2007-11-14 10743 added: dvb subtitle support in mpeg-ts streams for dvdplayer added.

2007-11-17 10772 changed: allow dvdplayer to use any of ffmpegs subtitle decoders, this allows XSUB too.

Unfortunately, ffmpeg doesn't support teletext subtitles Sad
so what we need now is a way to make xbmc choose the dvdplayer for .ts files instead of the normal player
joolzg Wrote:so what we need now is a way to make xbmc choose the dvdplayer for .ts files instead of the normal player
That can be currently only be forced via a python script, but maybe the DVDPlayer should be set as the default player of MPEG-TS (Transport Streams)? ...or would that cause other incompatibilities in XBMC?

A600 Wrote:Unfortunately, ffmpeg doesn't support teletext subtitles Sad
As far as I know the official FFmpeg SVN thrunk does, it was just not implemented in XBMC version of FFmpeg (ei. DVDplayer), right?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:As far as I know the official FFmpeg SVN thrunk does, it was just not implemented in XBMC version of FFmpeg (ei. DVDplayer), right?

I don't think so. With the latest SVN, the MPEG2 transport stream (aka DVB) demuxer supports these streams:

STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG1:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG2:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG1:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG2:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG4:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_H264:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_VC1:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AAC:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AC3:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_DTS:
STREAM_TYPE_SUBTITLE_DVB:
Question 
A600 Wrote:STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG1:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_MPEG2:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG1:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG2:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_MPEG4:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_H264:
STREAM_TYPE_VIDEO_VC1:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AAC:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_AC3:
STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO_DTS:
STREAM_TYPE_SUBTITLE_DVB:
What is "STREAM_TYPE_SUBTITLE_DVB" for then? Huh
Gamester17 Wrote:What is "STREAM_TYPE_SUBTITLE_DVB" for then? Huh

Bitmap-based subtitles (DVB subtitles)
gamester teletext = our "text tv"

Gamester17:
I just wanted to know if we in Sweden that is using the ComHem provider (cable tv) has use for it? Is it DVB text ...or teletext? (Canal+ for example).

Right now I have MyTheatre streaming to my xbox(es) but I never had the subtitles working Sad

So I really am hopeful now!

Sincerly
Tuneld
i'd expect comhem to have dvb text, so it should work. aslong as mythearhter decrypts, and send's along everything in the mpeg-ts stream it sould.

elupus Wrote:i'd expect comhem to have dvb text, so it should work. aslong as mythearhter decrypts, and send's along everything in the mpeg-ts stream it sould.

MT with the AVBroadcaster plugin doesn't send the whole ts stream but DVBViewer Pro does, works like a charm and it's very cheap (only 15€Wink
there are MAJOR differences in DVB Subtitles and Text Subtitles.

As pointed out DVB Subs are Bitmaps whereas Text Subs are just a fixed teletext page with special bounding boxes to turn on/off the background so you can see the picture but still have text on.

joolz
It seems that it now partly works !! ( XBMCSetup-Rev23805-gl.exe) But the problem is when the subtiltle has two rows, they come on same place on top of each others ( not readable) any ideas??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVB subtitles (from streaming MPEG-TS)0