Help - Removing add on that has taken over
Hi, Using MacBook Pro. Have been using Kodi for a little while but have recently installed an add on which has taken over Kodi. I now can't access the opening Kodi Screen which Settings etc.

I tried un-installing Kodi and have reinstalled it but it is just the same. How do I get rid of this add on?

Desparate for help.

Mike (mringuk)
You need to also delete ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi. This folder is usually hidden but you can use the go to command and enter the path. This will give you a completely clean install of Kodi hopefully.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Uninstall Kodi

delete Kodi userdata found at: "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/"

Reinstall Kodi
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Just for reference, what add-on are we talking about here? One from the banned add-ons (wiki) list perhaps?

Their removal is the only support we will give relating to them, in case you're worried.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the help, worked fine. It was either .TDB TV Guide, TDB Wizard or LTVB which I tried after viewing a video recommending them. I can do without them.

Thanks again.

Mike
It's generally wise to avoid all of those "builds" which provide access to (illegally sourced, pirated) TV streams and also any type of "configuration wizard" or anything like that which will happily install all sorts of crap on your system without you realising it, and can generally be a potential absolute security and malware nightmare.

Plus they can be an absolute bitch to get out again, partly as you've just found out yourself. It's also worth noting that nothing in Kodi is sandboxed, so any 3rd party add-on you install has just as much access to your device and the network that it's connected to as Kodi itself does (and by extension, in at least some cases as much access as the currently logged-in user does).

Have a read of this blog for more on the subject.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - Removing add on that has taken over0